Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 09:46 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm sorry, but no. I'd never date a man who looked like that under any circumstances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Ew. He would not be a consideration of mine whatsoever.

Would you even talk to the guy or are you too good to even do that because he is not perfect physically? I have a feeling he would dismiss both of you before you got the chance to walk away just from your attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
OK. Let's get it all out.

I didn't say anything of the sort in this thread.

Why the F is it so important to be a confident peacock and be arrogant and think you are Brad Pitt anyway?

There was a woman (NWGirl74?) who posted that men didn't like her at all in a thread yesterday and I thought it was a very endearing attitude. Humble and modest. Especially if I thought she was physically attractive, who cares what she thinks about herself?

A lot more attractive attitude than the multitude of women who think they are the sh@t and broadcast their preferences of who they will/will not date in terms of height, race, and looks ad nauseum. Yea, that's confident. Yea. Soooo attractive.

You don't have to be arrogant just confident in who you are as you are and you certainly don't have to look like Brad Pitt. There are a lot of women who do not find him attractive, he's a good actor in my opinion and comes from a small town other than that without knowing the man personally I would not be able to say anything else about him.

To the other part of your statement, what she thinks of herself is very important. If she does not love and accept herself as she is it is very probable that she will not be able to love and accept someone else and no one will be happy because of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 09:59 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
As soon as one of our resident Struggling Guys mentions Brad Pitt as the nexus of female desire, he loses all credibility because it is clear he gets all his info from bodybulding.com and other such cesspits of female-fearing loserdom. It's like a dogwhistle.

Guys. Get to know some actual women.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:01 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

To the other part of your statement, what she thinks of herself is very important. If she does not love and accept herself as she is it is very probable that she will not be able to love and accept someone else and no one will be happy because of it.
There's a difference between putting yourself down all the time, and saying that the opposite sex is generally not attracted to you. Which is relevant to the OP.

I was in a meeting the other day, and some guy said, "They didn't hire me for my good looks" for some kind of comedic effect, and I thought, yea it wasn't the best thing to say. I'm pretty conscious not to say things like that. But then, after that, what is confidence?

If I say that I don't care about looks all that much, does that mean I have no confidence? Are people telling me to be more shallow?

Old 01-04-2014, 10:15 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Would you even talk to the guy or are you too good to even do that because he is not perfect physically? I have a feeling he would dismiss both of you before you got the chance to walk away just from your attitude.
Talk to him about what? I'm not real chatty in general and no, I wouldn't be interested in talking to a fatter version of Ron Jeremy unless I had to for some reason. Would you be excited to talk to a fatter version of Rosie O'Donnell or any other woman that you find unappealing?

Old 01-04-2014, 10:20 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:
Would you even talk to the guy or are you too good to even do that because he is not perfect physically? I have a feeling he would dismiss both of you before you got the chance to walk away just from your attitude..
Consider that everyone has different criteria for what they are attracted to physically. What one finds attractive another may not and vice versa. I had a good circle of friends and all of us woman were attracted to totally different looking men. It didn't make anyone shallow - it's just a preference which is not good or bad and may not even be conscious or something you control.

Now, after saying that I will repeat my mantra - good looks don't mean crap if your personality sucks.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Talk to him about what? I'm not real chatty in general and no, I wouldn't be interested in talking to a fatter version of Ron Jeremy unless I had to for some reason. Would you be excited to talk to a fatter version of Rosie O'Donnell or any other woman that you find unappealing?
I'm quickly losing any sensation for the growing, narrowing preferences that women have.

But broadcasting your preferences in a thread that is clearly designed to inspire and help men and prove that women are less shallow shows a certain, well, let's just say, something not good. It's like some if somebody made a thread about how guys really do like black women and I say, "H@ll if I'll date black women, they're ugly." (I don't really think that).

I realize my posts weren't exactly inspiring either, and I'm dropping out of this thread.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I'm quickly losing any sensation for the growing, narrowing preferences that women have.

But broadcasting your preferences in a thread that is clearly designed to inspire and help men and prove that women are less shallow shows a certain, well, let's just say, something not good.

I realize my posts weren't exactly inspiring either, and I'm dropping out of this thread.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make this thread any less inspiring for Ron Jeremy lookalikes. I mean, why would the OP lie? If he says that the guy does well with the ladies, maybe he does. Who cares what I think?

Old 01-04-2014, 10:33 AM

863 posts, read 1,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Now, after saying that I will repeat my mantra - good looks don't mean crap if your personality sucks.
Yeah, but "good looks gets you into the door while personality keeps you." Notice how personality doesn't get you into the door. At least you can get into the door with looks. I'm sure most people would sleep with an arrogant prick if they're hot. They probably just wouldn't date them.

OP's example is the exception, not the rule. I'm glad a couple of the women on this thread are being honest about it.

Quote:

But broadcasting your preferences in a thread that is clearly designed to inspire and help men and prove that women are less shallow shows a certain, well, let's just say, something not good. It's like some if somebody made a thread about how guys really do like black women and I say, "H@ll if I'll date black women, they're ugly." (I don't really think that).

Why lie to those men? I mean, seriously, this politically correct nonsense must stop. Sure, some less than attractive men may not have trouble with women. However, unfortunately, that is not how it works in general. Just go into some online dating sites (I'd say match) and see what women usually prefer. I'm sure it's not someone like him.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:40 AM

Young Rosie O'Donnell.

Star Search - Rosie O'Donnell on the Star Search follow up show. - YouTube

Attractive.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:46 AM

Rosie still looks like that. Why not post a current photo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships