Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:08 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,145,744 times

Advertisements

^^^ Good point! Why make your new girlfriend uncomfortable? And you might make her feel like mere arm candy that you only date for her looks (a real girlfriend would want to be appealing for her inner qualities also).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 05:39 PM

40,949 posts, read 49,143,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Without reading the other replies, I just want to add my take.
I've been in your new gf's position- do you & her both a big favor & don't have them get together. It's really pointless, actually.
I endured that same type of scenario, not knowing any better-
I shouldn't have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
^^^ Good point! Why make your new girlfriend uncomfortable? And you might make her feel like mere arm candy that you only date for her looks (a real girlfriend would want to be appealing for her inner qualities also).
Thanks. This answers the questions. She is very appealing beyond just her looks or we would not have been dating the last year.

I can't imagine an Ex and a current GF actually enjoying being at a small party in the same room together.
Maybe we just stay home and have our own party at halftime.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:48 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,364,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Might make a good thread on why women spend hours on their appearance when going out and why men (and women) like to have an attractive partner.

When you are going out with your SO do you spend 2 or so hours on your appearance ? Is that so he can show off his "trophy" ?

Just curious.
Er, not this woman. 15 minutes in the shower, and about 30 minutes getting ready, to include doing my hair and face. Two hours? Good bob.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,364,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I am left with the distinct, undeniable impression this thread was created solely to gloat that he has an attractive new girlfriend and that's it. The public approval from dating her and exposing her to any of his friends just wasn't enough. Chest pounding - pure and simple.
Tru dat.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:53 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,668,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Hmmm... it seems as if the OP only wants permission to gloat. If things with him and the ex are really as he says, I can't think of any other reason for this thread.
Nah, that's no Rakin

He is more concerned about everyone's comfort level.

Personally Rakin I think it would be better if this were not the first time your ex is meeting the new girlfriend.

Can you find a way to introduce them ahead of the party? This would help them to BOTH be more comfortable by the time of the Super Bowl party.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Personally Rakin I think it would be better if this were not the first time your ex is meeting the new girlfriend.

Can you find a way to introduce them ahead of the party? This would help them to BOTH be more comfortable by the time of the Super Bowl party.
Thanks, you're right. It's certainly not an ego thing. It's too small of a party and too soon since the divorce to bring the 2 together to meet. There will always be another Superbowl.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:03 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,172,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Nah, that's no Rakin .
Yeah, surprised me too, but it is what it is and was repeated several times in this thread. "Personally, it would be great to show up with a tall-attractive blonde," and he actually used the word 'trophy' ugh. He has since removed those tidbits from his postings.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Yeah, surprised me too, but it is what it is and was repeated several times in this thread. "Personally, it would be great to show up with a tall-attractive blonde," and he actually used the word 'trophy' ugh. He has since removed those tidbits from his postings.
No you are mistaken. I never used the term trophy in my OP and would never refer to someone I date as a trophy.

I have not edited any of my postings, sorry.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:12 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,172,046 times
Quote:
Thanks. This answers the questions. She is very appealing beyond just her looks or we would not have been dating the last year.

I can't imagine an Ex and a current GF actually enjoying being at a small party in the same room together.
Maybe we just stay home and have our own party at halftime.
Rakin, I shouldn't be surprised ppl jumped all over you,
but I kinda am. You're one of the more insightful posters,
& still got the wrath of cd, lol
A new gf & an ex--
no reason to go there, ever.
For my situation, she was invited to all the family functions, holidays, etc. I was very naive, & it wasn't worth the stress.

Anyhow, yes, indeed do a little something with just the two of you...
I'm sure you won't regret it

Old 01-08-2014, 06:12 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,224,628 times
Quote:
That's the thing... she is the current GF so I do owe her the 1st considerations. These are very old close friends where the Ex will want to go, she sees them and remains close friends also.

I do have so much positive things in my life it's unbelievable. Do you not like to be with someone that you (and others) consider attractive ? I'm certainly not that shallow but I am also human.
Well, you do have to consider the fact that when people divorce, they don't both always get to keep the friends AND attend the same parties AND have their new GF/BF on their arm while they do it.

If you had remarried, this might be different, maybe... because you say you and the ex get along well enough.

Why is it important to be seen at a super bowl party with an attractive GF? I mean, surely your old friends are close enough (by your admission) that they wouldn't care what your GF looked like as long as you're happy, right?

I don't think I'd want to go to any party enough to be stuck in a room with my ex and a bunch of people who I don't know, but who know my BF and his ex wife and BOTH of them are there.

That's just weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships