Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 06:40 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times

Advertisements

Long-term relationship. It does not imply monogamy or exclusivity, although obviously many people infer that.

I'd say a year and up is long term, but when I hear the phrase I usually picture three, four, five, somewhere around there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Someone you let hold the remote control.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:04 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
NOT until I'm engaged! I don't want to give him the wrong idea.

I mean you can't let guys take liberties like that without a serious commitment.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-08-2014, 07:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

I mean you can't let guys take liberties like that without a serious commitment.
I know!!! I can only handle a little ESPN!

Old 01-08-2014, 09:05 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I do know it means Long Term Relationship, but what is your definition of a Long Term Relationship?

This was brought up in discussion in another thread which I do not wish to hijack.

Long Term Relationships to me have been widely known to mean a long term committed relationship by two people in a monogamous relationship.

Another poster declared that he recently lost a long time lover to a relationship because she wanted a monogamous relationship. He stated that this was considered by him to be an LTR. I think the definition that was given means LTR means Long Term Recreation in this case.

How do you see those two definitions and what is your definition and how do you take the term LTR?
The length of time a relationship lasts and the question of whether it is monogamous or non-monogamous are two completely separate issues. I was in a long-term, non-monogamous relationship for several years.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:09 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The length of time a relationship lasts and the question of whether it is monogamous or non-monogamous are two completely separate issues. I was in a long-term, non-monogamous relationship for several years.
Okay, but this is the 'Relationships' forum and not 'Non-Romantic Relationships' so we are talking about Romantic Relationships here so I'm not sure that a non-monogamous situation classifies as a 'Relationship.' As I stated in my post I would consider that 'Long Term Recreation.'

Old 01-08-2014, 09:13 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Yeah, but we women are hell on the radio stations or music that is played in the car.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,528 times
Been married and divorced twice over the years, and LTR only means one thing. Lots To Risk!
No more for me, if we swing and cook well then fine, but if she says the M word even in conversation then it's off the ship for me.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:24 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Shoot, he's the one who BROUGHT the remote control!

Old 01-08-2014, 10:29 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
That's fine if that's what works for you, but for myself, like I said, if it's not exclusive/ monogamous, then I don't consider it a romantic relationship...we're just dating. Just my personal standard....if we're seeing other people, I don't consider us to be in a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships