Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 07:05 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Dang Dude! What a sad story.

I guess that is why I married someone I was not completely and madly in love with.
Aw. Your situation is sad as well.

Better to have lost someone you love than marry someone you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 07:56 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
He's married, loves his wife, and I would never want or expect him to leave her, but we have essentially told each other how we feel.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
bek she does not love me?

Old 01-14-2014, 08:51 PM

362 posts, read 560,031 times
So many sad stories, which brings me to my response: Baggage

Baggage which keeps the love of my life from seeing I am the love of his.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:41 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Is she into you?
I'm pretty sure she's into me considering some things that have went on.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:56 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I was with the love of my life for 7 years. We even had a wonderful child together. I trusted her completely and shared every aspect of my life with her and we had, or at least I thought we had, a great life together.

Little did I know that in the fall of 2010 she started having an affair with a guy on the internet through some kind of cyber chat room. I knew she was on it and because I trusted her I never questioned all the time she spent on the site. Looking back now I should have seen the red flags like the frequent text messages and her serious addiction to the website but again I was naive and never in a million years would I have thought anything was wrong.

In the spring of 2011 she told me that her "friend" was coming for a visit and I was actually stupid enough to believe that it was totally innocent. Well, March 1 2011 arrived and she went to go pick him up at the bus station. After they came home I started to piece things together piece by piece. They way they stood a little too close together. The lengthy walk around the neighborhood. That evening while I was on my computer in the bedroom and they were "watching" TV in the living room next to the bedroom I heard the distinct sound of kissing. I peeked around the corner and although I didn't see anything I knew I wasn't imagining it so I decided to bait the trap. Told them I was heading to the store for a while and would be back in an hour or so. She was so distracted by her "friend" that she didn't even notice how late it was and there were no stores open at that hour. So I left the house and stood outside for a few minutes and waited. I came back inside and caught them making out on the couch.

I calmly asked for an explanation but was simply told she was in love with him and was going to be leaving with him in the morning. I couldn't find the words to muster up a reply so I simply went into our sons room, wrapped him up with some blankets and we left and headed down to my parents house.

When I came back in the morning she was still packing some things in her car. I made one last desperate attempt to talk to her and see if there was any way to salvage the marriage but she refused to speak to me.

Found out after she left, after going through all her emails and contacting her on-line friends, that she had been planning it for months. Made up all kinds of horrible lies about me and told them and her new lover that I beat her and was abusive and she was desperate for someone to come save her from her horrible life. The truth was the total opposite. I lived her more than anything and would do anything for her and did everything possible to make her happy. I think her lies about me hurt more than anything else.

This coming March will be 3 years since she left. Part of me still has an eternal fire of hate for her and what she did and how she abandoned our son and I yet part of me still loves her and misses her although I know that the girl I fell in love with is long gone and it almost feels as though she died that day.

I've moved on but it's just not quite the same. Don't think it ever can be.
Many men fail trying to make their wives happy. Supplication to her every want and desire. Happy wife happy life right? Wrong. This is the path to the story quoted. Sorry for your loss, but some serious self reflection on WHY she lost attraction for you and looked for another man is needed.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 AM

322 posts, read 504,517 times
Quote:
And can you fall in love with someone else if this person is still out there?

There is a woman in my past that fits this image, but we could never be together because of issues that I could not deal with. She is currently with someone else.

I was curious how many people have someone from their past that fits this profile?
Never been in love. The "love of my life" doesn't exist.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:25 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
He's married, loves his wife, and I would never want or expect him to leave her, but we have essentially told each other how we feel.
Why? If he is the love of your life I would think you would want him for yourself?

Old 01-15-2014, 10:32 AM

72 posts, read 99,835 times
Other than him being dead .. nothing .. Life is too short.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:08 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Why? If he is the love of your life I would think you would want him for yourself?
I would never break up a marriage because of my feelings for someone. Nor would he break up his marriage just because we met 10 years too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships