Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 02:19 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times

Advertisements

She's not interested in marriage or kids, as a man, do you assume that that automatically means she's not looking for a serious relationship?

I've been getting that a lot lately from men...
A.) you must not be looking for a LTR
B.) you must not really care if you have a man in your life
C.) you must be having ONS/FWB
D.) you must not have had a LTR ever
....etc etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 02:23 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
I assume "she's not interested in marriage or kids", but has no problem being in long term relationships with the right guy. Pretty clear. To me anyway.

If I do want to someday get married, and/or have kids, she's not the one for me. If I don't mind having a girlfriend for 60 years with no offspring.....well, I guess I'll date her.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:29 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Sounds like my kind of woman. Wants an adult relationship with a man without leaving the future uncertain. She knows what she wants. Or in this case, knows what she doesn't want.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:45 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
It means that she is keeping her relationship options open, and will only stay with you as long as a better option does not exist at any point in time. By not getting married and/or having children - it gives her the ability to check out and transition into a new relationship without having to deal with a divorce or custody issues.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:06 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
She's not interested in marriage or kids, as a man, do you assume that that automatically means she's not looking for a serious relationship?

....etc etc
Yes, I would assume all of the above, especially C.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
They shouldn't. Many women just want a companion. It could turn into a Ltr.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:43 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
The only thing I usually think at the time is she just isn't interested in marriage or kids yet in her life.

If she insists that she isn't interested in either, and I've never heard this before since where I live, kids pretty much happen to women once they hit 18 of age at least, I'd probably think she needs to leave the area, since like I just wrote, kids usually happen to women when they hit a certain age. It's like, they hit 18 or 20, and from behind kids are latching onto their legs and playing.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:45 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I assume "she's not interested in marriage or kids", but has no problem being in long term relationships with the right guy. Pretty clear. To me anyway.

If I do want to someday get married, and/or have kids, she's not the one for me. If I don't mind having a girlfriend for 60 years with no offspring.....well, I guess I'll date her.
This

Old 01-11-2014, 05:16 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
It depends entirely on the reasoning behind her decision. I'm not interested in kids either (that is my only "deal breaker"), so presumably the conversation would flow along lines of reasons for why reproduction is not desirable. Is it for reasons of philosophy, or convenience? Next comes the question of marriage. How does she view the institution of marriage from a sociological viewpoint? Is she enthused about an eventual marriage, though not until certain pieces click in her life? Or is she disenchanted with the very concept?

The reasons for our behavior are more important than the behavior itself.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:21 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post

....etc etc
Why not be clear when telling them the above that you ARE looking (or not) for a LTR. Don't leave stuff open to assumptions.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships