Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 03:41 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,726,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Seriously. I have no marketable skills and no money to pay for education or job training.
Assistant Managers at Mcdonald's make around 31-32k/yr. I'm sure if you worked for them for a bit you'd be at 40k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 03:42 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,910,553 times
Quote:
??? How does someone without marketable job skills, and without two X chromosomes (and the appealing features that go with them), and without the financial resources for education or training, earn $40k a year?

If you don't make 40,000 already, that means you qualify for financial aid and you can go to community college for free. Get a certification, anything.

Hell, you could make 40k a year if you made 10 bucks an hour with enough overtime.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:43 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,640,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
You all have A REALLY warped sense of what people make in America. Go home internet forum, you're drunk.
I do not make that much money and I know it will not be good enough to feed a family down the road. It one of five reasons I went back to college.

What I made last year will just keep you a float were I live. If I made any less I would have to turn tricks for oatmeal.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:44 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,322,725 times
What is wrong with wanting more money? If a man has the money and a woman has the looks why is that a bad thing?

If you are a man and you see this as a problem then make more money. Your single anyway so spend time making more money. If you are a woman and need to change your look, then work on your body. Lose weight, change your style, fix up your hair. I am not saying this is easy or fair becaus it is not.

The way I see it guys that have money will normally have a certain look to themselves as well. They will be competitive and take care of how they look. They want the same in their women. Once again the world is not fair. Sorry to tell everyone this. People with cash will probably look better all the way around and will not settle for less than they want in a partner. That is just life.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:46 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,122,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
What is wrong with wanting more money? If a man has the money and a woman has the looks why is that a bad thing?

If you are a man and you see this as a problem then make more money. Your single anyway so spend time making more money. If you are a woman and need to change your look, then work on your body. Lose weight, change your style, fix up your hair. I am not saying this is easy or fair becaus it is not.

The way I see it guys that have money will normally have a certain look to themselves as well. They will be competitive and take care of how they look. They want the same in their women. Once again the world is not fair. Sorry to tell everyone this. People with cash will probably look better all the way around and will not settle for less than they want in a partner. That is just life.
And there you have it. They don't want to actually change themselves. They want the world to change instead.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
And there you have it. They don't want to actually change themselves. They want the world to change instead.

Most guys want a woman who is too hot for them and most women want a life that is handed to them and they don't have to work for.

If you're a guy, find a woman who doesn't think like that. If you're a woman, find a guy who looks past physical appearance.

Or, women can do more to look better and guys can do more to make more money.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Assistant Managers at Mcdonald's make around 31-32k/yr. I'm sure if you worked for them for a bit you'd be at 40k.
Funny you mention that. This guy down the hall from me in my first apartment never went to college. He got a job at McDonalds. But he actually showed up on time, did his job cheerfully and tried to learn new things. When I met him, he had just gotten a bump to management trainee. We were both poor so, sometimes if I didn't have a date, he'd come by with some burgers and we'd catch a game on TV. After I moved, we kept up for a while, then lost touch. By that time, he was an assistant manager, then a manager. Then he got a job running a big McDonalds in Orlando. He reached out to me on Facebook not too long ago and he's up there in corporate. He did go back to get his degree, but only after he knew that he had gone as far as he could.

So whenever someone tells me that they can't make it working at McDonalds, I think of Brett.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Funny you mention that. This guy down the hall from me in my first apartment never went to college. He got a job at McDonalds. But he actually showed up on time, did his job cheerfully and tried to learn new things. When I met him, he had just gotten a bump to management trainee. We were both poor so, sometimes if I didn't have a date, he'd come by with some burgers and we'd catch a game on TV. After I moved, we kept up for a while, then lost touch. By that time, he was an assistant manager, then a manager. Then he got a job running a big McDonalds in Orlando. He reached out to me on Facebook not too long ago and he's up there in corporate. He did go back to get his degree, but only after he knew that he had gone as far as he could.

So whenever someone tells me that they can't make it working at McDonalds, I think of Brett.
A hard worker who makes good decisions can make it in almost anywhere.

If you look at most unsuccessful people, it is almost always due to blaming others and poor decisions and not trying to fix them.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
A hard worker who makes good decisions can make it in almost anywhere.

If you look at most unsuccessful people, it is almost always due to blaming others and poor decisions and not trying to fix them.
Yep. And looking over his FB profile, he married a rather attractive woman, too.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:56 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,177,930 times
Quote:
??? How does someone without marketable job skills, and without two X chromosomes (and the appealing features that go with them), and without the financial resources for education or training, earn $40k a year?
Find other ways to achieve education or training. Pretty sure whining doesn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships