Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 08:13 AM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Are you kidding me? We are not talking about some bimbo that is getting cheated on here; Its your mother. Anyway, i feel sorry for the op, because if i were in that predicament...it will totally change the dynamics of our relationship. And I will certainly tell my mother. As a married man, the principles i hold sacred are mostly what i saw growing up. My father basically taught me how to treat a good woman and I'd certainly express my disgust and disappointment....while protecting my mother from stripper "cooties."

No I ain't kidding. This is a volatile situation that will explode and harm anyone in its path, even messengers. Staying out of it is the best course of action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 08:19 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
No I ain't kidding. This is a volatile situation that will explode and harm anyone in its path, even messengers. Staying out of it is the best course of action.
And I suppose it doesn't hurt the messenger to have to carry around this secret in order to protect the father at the expense of the mother? What makes you think it won't explode either way?

The OP does not need to be tortured for the rest of his life and neither of them need to be publicly humiliated.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:43 AM

19,965 posts, read 30,111,427 times
first of all, the mother may already know this,,, and second, do you want this to be the final straw, that gives them a divorce?

this is a "marriage" issue.... not a family issue(with adult children)

id tell your father you saw him,,, and the girl he had the lap-dance with has herpes...
id tell him,,you wont tell mom this time,,, but the next time you will

Old 01-12-2014, 08:53 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,288,409 times
You didn't see shiit, OP.

Mom isn't stupid, I'm sure she has smelt the cheap perfume and seen the glitter on your dad's face numerous times.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
And I suppose it doesn't hurt the messenger to have to carry around this secret in order to protect the father at the expense of the mother? What makes you think it won't explode either way?

The OP does not need to be tortured for the rest of his life and neither of them need to be publicly humiliated.
It will probably explode. Of course, I'd take the option where the OP is not a direct catalyst for the explosion nor is he a direct victim of the explosion.

Quote:
this is a "marriage" issue.... not a family issue(with adult children)
^this.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You didn't see shiit, OP.

Mom isn't stupid, I'm sure she has smelt the cheap perfume and seen the glitter on your dad's face numerous times.
Do you not think the mother wouldn't be more crushed if she discovered not only her husband was keeping this 'secret' from her, but her son as well? Now you have not just one person deceiving you, you have two people doing it, the other person, and the entire side of the Greater San Diego Zoo who knows and is keeping it from you. Nothing says love like being taken for granted and have your husband screwing a stripper with your whole family, and the population of the tri-state area knowing about it.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:08 AM

28,896 posts, read 54,045,943 times
Well, how do you know that the wife doesn't know?

I haven't set foot in a strip club in eons. Not because I'm a bluenose or anything. It's just that, after five minutes, they're kind of boring, soulless places that serve the desperate. Yes, there are attractive, naked women writhing in front of me. But given how robotically she's grinding away on the pole and given that I can't actually touch her, I'm thinking I've got something better at home.

That being said the few times I went with guys after being married, I let MrsCPG know ahead of time. She was cool with it. Maybe the Mom in this situation is the same.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Do you not think the mother wouldn't be more crushed if she discovered not only her husband was keeping this 'secret' from her, but her son as well? Now you have not just one person deceiving you, you have two people doing it, the other person, and the entire side of the Greater San Diego Zoo who knows and is keeping it from you. Nothing says love like being taken for granted and have your husband screwing a stripper with your whole family, and the population of the tri-state area knowing about it.
The mother may look at the son with contempt if the secret comes from his own mouth since he was in the strip club also. The son is best served talking to the father but staying out of the situation after that.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:14 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,567,744 times
I wish more common sense and less outright drama would be contained in this thread. So the father went to a strip club and (OH GASP AND HEAVENS TO BETSY) walked out of there holding hands with a stripper! Holding hands - not with his hand up her skirt and his face down her cleavage but holding her hand. With barely time for the thought process, we have him now with a totally devastated wife who has an STD he brought home; in the middle of a full fledged nasty divorce; and a whole family totally shattered by a sordid affair. What next - a couple of suicides?

OP, say something to your father and go from there.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:15 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,123,183 times
And? So your telling me that there are men(including your father) out there who like to look at hot nude women. Who would of thought it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships