Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 06:11 AM

1 posts, read 882 times

Advertisements

I've had a unique experience, well for me any way. Just to set the scene my wife and I are both in our fifties and have been together for 37 years after being through life's mill after kids etc. we have recently re-affirmed our love. We are still very close and behaving like when we first met.

Recently we went to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert obviously and we were surrounded by gay & lesbian people. My wife and I always hold hands when we are out. However we kissed quite openly in the theatre and given the environment we felt totally at ease and without inhibition.

To open debate do heterosexual couples who are passed the first flush youth and developing an intense relationship feel more comfortable in a gay environment with respect to an outward show of love.

I am also toying with the theory that there is a higher level of a group of people who love to love before you split into heterosexual & homosexual. Hence I think there may be a link between heterosexuals in an intense relationship and homosexual relationships.

I am sorry if this is a little deep but the though intrigues me. I would be interested in some frank debate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 06:34 AM

16,562 posts, read 17,332,581 times
You'll be better off posting this in something like the Relationships forum.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:05 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,626,227 times
I can't tell if it's deep because it is confusing as hell.

What are you asking, exactly?? I mean, I'm an editor, and I can't tell what that next-to-last paragraph means.

"People who love to love"??

I do believe that ALL people without serious emotional issues can "loosen up" when in an environment such as that. In itself, that is not unusual, and I don't think homosexuality had anything to do with it. You could easily have felt that way in an uninhibited hetero environment.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:00 PM

32,512 posts, read 47,530,478 times
My reaction is that you were much more likely trying to emphasize your heterosexuality so that no one would mistakenly think you "belonged" there, than you were feeling more relaxed about public display.

The homosexual people that I know, male and female, are not open about displays of affection. They are open about being a couple, but they aren't hanging off of each other in public.

They have also, for the most part, been fun people who knew how to enjoy life, but I don't think a case could be made that "fun loving" is linked to sexual preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships