Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 05:43 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicMonday View Post
Is she holding back? Possibly.
Bet on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 06:00 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
Quote:
Not sure how to deal with this one. Need some help. Please.

I own a developing online business. Today the family joined me for a photo shoot of the product I am selling. My marketing agent and photographer managed to bring in a female model. We had wanted to start some test shots and video of a male and female pair using the product. This was a last minute surprise for me as it was to just be a straight product shot.

The male model was not available and again these were test shots. So I was asked to step in. That did not go over well with my wife of 15 years. Especially when the photographer asked me to hold her hand. Wife was upset, told the model that I have a perfectly good wife that could have done her job, and walked away. Shoot over, took her home, says she wants nothing to do with me at the moment. I left her alone all day, cooked dinner for her and kids, left for a few hours so she could eat without seeing me.

Now here is the odd part. I asked her to model the product. Many, many times. She alerts says no. Before we started today, I told her we were going to do some shots with the model, which she said ok, why are you telling me this. To clarify, there is nothing sexual about the product or shoot.

She is insecure, even after 15 years, great kids, and proof we can handle the ups and downs. It is the only thing I can think of.

I am giving her space until she wants to talk. I have no plans on getting angry. I will listen, explain my thoughts at the right time, and go from there.

What did I do wrong?
Explain nothing, do nothing. If she is not speaking to you, ask her what is wrong, otherwise go about your day as if it were any other. Case closed.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:08 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times
I say from another post you made you have issues that are deeper... Wife Forgot About a debt I pay and now thinks I am lying about it

Old 01-12-2014, 06:10 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Were you attracted to the model? Did you want to hold her hand? Did you like holding her hand? Do you think it's okay to hold another woman's hand when you're married?

Old 01-12-2014, 06:13 PM

29 posts, read 27,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Were you attracted to the model? Did you want to hold her hand? Did you like holding her hand? Do you think it's okay to hold another woman's hand when you're married?
Hell no. I liked nothing about it. Nice gal but not my type.
She was there, it was business.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:17 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
The doctor/dentist thing is a pretty common occurrence when someone has untreated anxiety/depression.
Yep. "Crazytown." I've had untreated anxiety/depression, and it was pretty alarming. "Rational" was not a word that would have been applied to me.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:22 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
Quote:
Hell no. I liked nothing about it. Nice gal but not my type.
She was there, it was business.
Well then go tell her that and apologize for upsetting her. It was a bad call and there's no sense in throwing away 15 years over the matter.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:24 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Well then go tell her that and apologize for upsetting her. It was a bad call and there's no sense in throwing away 15 years over the matter.
This. And amp up the romance for awhile.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:29 PM

29 posts, read 27,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
It was the first thing I did at the shoot. Sincerely. In front of all.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:39 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
Quote:
It was the first thing I did at the shoot. Sincerely. In front of all.
I'd tell her I've been punished and put in the corner for long enough, again sorry, can't we just get past this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships