Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 02:36 AM

123 posts, read 151,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I'd rather take her out somewhere, but if she wanted to stay in I would definitely cook up some king crab and some steaks.
Wow, you are so sweetheart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 12:14 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,432,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieyh View Post
Oh please!

Ever single guy, who still have their balls attached, is thinking this:

Old 01-22-2014, 04:09 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieyh View Post
Wow. Such sweetheart. Much romantic. Very love.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:15 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
I haven't met a woman who can cook better than me. I love cooking too.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:23 PM

11,082 posts, read 17,525,111 times
I cook for my wife at least one meal every day. But she won't let me cook for her on Valentine's Day. That's my birthday!! She always makes a great meal for the two of us, and I love dessert!!
We had a long distance marriage for 6 years before we both retired. Most of our Valentine dinners were at a restaurant somewhere between our homes. But on her weekends to come to my house, I always cooked.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:10 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,067,815 times
I guess it all depends on the woman and what she likes. I hope your friends gf really would be blown away by him cooking up something nice. And if she is into the whole romance bit, then yeah, candlelight is best. If he's really not the type to ever do anything like this, anything is good. LOL.

Personally, I'm not into celebrating V-day. Mostly because it's all about bragging to other people about what your "man did for you". For myself, if he cooked, honestly, I'd be nice and grateful but couldn't give a damn. If he took me out to a nice restaurant, same thing. I'd be nice and thankful, but yeah, don't really care. You wanna show me you love me, do it on a day that's not V-day and do something that *I* would like and appreciate because it came from the heart, not something you think will get you brownie points.

The men in my life may have gotten off easy because I don't require all the romancing of that day (or any other "special" day), however, they find it more difficult to figure out what I want without it being trite.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:48 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,643,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
I guess it all depends on the woman and what she likes. I hope your friends gf really would be blown away by him cooking up something nice. And if she is into the whole romance bit, then yeah, candlelight is best. If he's really not the type to ever do anything like this, anything is good. LOL.

Personally, I'm not into celebrating V-day. Mostly because it's all about bragging to other people about what your "man did for you". For myself, if he cooked, honestly, I'd be nice and grateful but couldn't give a damn. If he took me out to a nice restaurant, same thing. I'd be nice and thankful, but yeah, don't really care. You wanna show me you love me, do it on a day that's not V-day and do something that *I* would like and appreciate because it came from the heart, not something you think will get you brownie points.

The men in my life may have gotten off easy because I don't require all the romancing of that day (or any other "special" day), however, they find it more difficult to figure out what I want without it being trite.
Sounds like you are a rare kind these days, nice.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:53 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
Personally, I'm not into celebrating V-day. Mostly because it's all about bragging to other people about what your "man did for you".
When I have lived in the USA, next day after V-day its pretty much that. Women talking about what their man bought them, where their man took them, what their man cooked, etc. while the guys talked about what they bought for her, where they took her, what they cooked, etc. In Asia it is the women who enjoy romancing their man like that when it comes to V-Day or any other day. A month later (March 14th) it is the men who romance their woman like in western countries.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
When I have lived in the USA, next day after V-day its pretty much that. Women talking about what their man bought them, where their man took them, what their man cooked, etc. while the guys talked about what they bought for her, where they took her, what they cooked, etc. In Asia it is the women who enjoy romancing their man like that when it comes to V-Day or any other day. A month later (March 14th) it is the men who romance their woman like in western countries.
My XH, who was very materialistic, was a bit put off that I didn't brag about where he took me for V-day. I should have realized then that the relationship was a mistake. LOL.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Sounds like you are a rare kind these days, nice.
I was always a rare kind in this essence. Back in the mid-90's, my then bf told his friends what he bought me for V-day one year, all of them, and their gf's, told him he was in major hot water and that I was going to be super angry. What did he get me? He had fog lights installed on my car. One of the best gifts I have ever gotten. I was so happy!!! What made it great was that he knew I wanted them, but couldn't afford them at the time. Oh, and I think we had burgers for dinner. I <3 burgers. So I was very happy.

That's why I said, I think it's more important to know what your SO really truly appreciates. If V-day is important to her and she needs to be wined and dined, then do it. If she would love for you to cook for her, do it. BUT, you have to truly know her. Sooooo many women say, "it's okay, you don't have to do anything" but don't mean it at all then get angry when a man doesn't do it. I say it and some men don't believe me, so I tell them, get me a card, I'll be happy. That way, he feels like he did something and I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships