Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 03:25 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,589,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
That's what bothered me. I know there has been man bashing as well, which is wrong but it is far more women bashing and believing things that aren't true. I see a lot of men have been burnt but not all women are like they think all are.
Then why do you constantly do it?

No offense, IDDY, but you're the last person with room to talk about gender-bashing. At times you've been the only thing keeping the crew of bitter young dateless men from having a monopoly on it around here.

Quote:
Having different views is NOT the point, believing those views as fact is the problem.
Yet another thing that you're guilty of as much as or more than anyone else around here.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:33 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,045,943 times
Quote:
I keep reading through these threads and am disgusted. I thought this was 2014 not sometime in the past but you wouldn't know it by some of these threads. I mean really not marrying a woman who can't cook while he can't cook either? why not both cook? Women who apparently look for men with money because they don't want to work (mostly mentioned by men). Women shouldn't do the pursuing?

Get in the present. In this day and age both men and women should know how to cook and fix a tire. In this day and age both people usually work. In this day and age women should have their own careers and aren't looking for a man to support her, unless it's mutually agreed by both people that someone stays home (which is a choice).

Then we wonder why so many here can't find dates. When I did online dating I found so many men who asked me my cooking and cleaning skills because they expected the wife to do most of those chores as to them it was "women's" work. Sounded like they were looking for a maid. I work so I expect to share chores. So many men would brag about their salary thinking it would impress me. Sorry but I don't care what a man makes. Sure, income is important but only because I worked hard on my career and don't want a man to take it away or expect me to support him.
Well, I don't like them either, but you obviously have a gigantic blind spot of your own when it comes to gender. Do you not see the dozens of threads that essentially begin with "Why do all men..." or "Why do most men...."? They are rampant on this forum. Women are just as likely as men to try and stereotype the opposite sex.

Last edited by cpg35223; 01-15-2014 at 03:49 PM..

Old 01-15-2014, 03:36 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,659,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
There's idiots everywhere. Just like women who still think a guy should support them.

Look at the female posters on here who think it's the man's job to be the "provider" and never pay for a date. It goes both ways.
I don't recall any female poster on here claiming that. If there is, she's a fruitcake.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:36 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Then why do you constantly do it?

No offense, IDDY, but you're the last person with room to talk about gender-bashing. At times you've been the only thing keeping the crew of bitter young dateless men from having a monopoly on it around here.

Yet another thing that you're guilty of as much as or more than anyone else around here.
Exactly how am I the last person to talk? The only men I bash are those who are delusional such as wanting skinny when they are fat or wanting much younger. I would say the same if it was a woman as well. I stand by those because it is delusional.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:37 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, I don't like them either, but you obviously have a gigantic blind spot of your own when it comes to gender. Do you not see the dozens of threads that essentially begin with "Why do all men..." or "Why do most men...."? They are rampant on this forum. Women are just as likely as men to try and stereotype the opposite sex.
I ignore those threads and they tend to drop to the next page. However the women ones don't, which is the problem.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:12 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,589,494 times
Quote:
Exactly how am I the last person to talk? The only men I bash are those who are delusional such as wanting skinny when they are fat or wanting much younger. I would say the same if it was a woman as well. I stand by those because it is delusional.
Your standing by it just emphasizes my point.

Plenty of fat people date skinny people. Plenty of older people date younger people. (Your boyfriend is one of them, remember?) It happens ALL. THE. FREAKING. TIME. whether you like it or not. Nothing delusional about it.

You bash men constantly. You never bash women. You hold a grudge because, when you did online dating, the men you liked weren't interested in you and vice-versa. Therefore, they must all be delusional. It's the only possible explanation, right? Welcome to real life. YOU are delusional to think you have any say over the preferences of others. You're bitter because you're only marginally interested in the guy you ended up with. You've said as much, repeatedly. It's sad. We'd have sympathy for you if you weren't constantly taking it out on others.

When you stop bitterly bashing men, you'll have the moral high ground to address the men who bitterly bash women. Believe me, I want them to stop as much as I want you to stop. Most of all, though, I want the hypocrisy to stop. Remove the beam from your own eye before you address the splinter in your neighbor's.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:24 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,207,205 times
Quote:
Don't forget divorced men or men who fathered children out of wedlock. Scum of the earth.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:33 PM

44,312 posts, read 19,982,912 times
The opening post is more suitable for a blog. Consequently, this thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.