Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 09:33 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Crème... You know I've always loved you and would love to come see you. If I only had the airfare but my mother is sick and needs that surgery.

Can you help a guy out ?

Don't do it Cremebrulee, don't do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 09:48 AM

Here is something to consider, the internet is an anymous world, its easy for people who may even be psychotic to get into dating sites and scam away, whether they get money or not, just for the fun of it...I have read about real situations where people who are dying of illness, or have a lifelong disability like blindness, getting scammed.
What occurs to me about this is: there is some kind of unspoken beleif that old people, seriously disabled people, and generally that group that doesn't operate in the spotlight like all the wage earning busy people out there - somehow these people don't have access to, or aren't interested in dating or love or possible relationships.
These people may have no one to inform them of scamming, or check on them to make sure they aren't victims of such things.
Until too late...when they finally realize the person they thought loved them was some scam artist...ugh. this makes me feel a little sick.
I'm bringing it up because everyone may be thinking, WHO in their right mind would do this?
There are more desperatly lonely people out there who are wishing for and desperatly wanting companionship than ever...and for just those words-they want so much to beleive...they're willing to pay whatever price.
Common sense doesn't really apply in that case, its just sad and pathetic.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:29 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Love is blind.

You mean you never did something stupid while on love??
no

Old 01-17-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Don't do it Cremebrulee, don't do it.
why not pray tell?

but he loves me?

unless of course, Kevin Costner orrrrrrr

anyone else has a better offer....lol?

Old 01-17-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Here is something to consider, the internet is an anymous world, its easy for people who may even be psychotic to get into dating sites and scam away, whether they get money or not, just for the fun of it...I have read about real situations where people who are dying of illness, or have a lifelong disability like blindness, getting scammed.
What occurs to me about this is: there is some kind of unspoken beleif that old people, seriously disabled people, and generally that group that doesn't operate in the spotlight like all the wage earning busy people out there - somehow these people don't have access to, or aren't interested in dating or love or possible relationships.
These people may have no one to inform them of scamming, or check on them to make sure they aren't victims of such things.
Until too late...when they finally realize the person they thought loved them was some scam artist...ugh. this makes me feel a little sick.
I'm bringing it up because everyone may be thinking, WHO in their right mind would do this?
There are more desperatly lonely people out there who are wishing for and desperatly wanting companionship than ever...and for just those words-they want so much to beleive...they're willing to pay whatever price.
Common sense doesn't really apply in that case, its just sad and pathetic.
yahhhh, it makes me really sick to....that people could be that cruel....and yanno, I think your absoltuely right about old people....and their belief systems....because I've seen it....many times....on the news, they even let strangers into their homes....we had something like that happen in our community just a few months ago...a complete stranger...coming around claiming to work for comcast, wanted to know how many TV's they had, etc....and they even left him into their homes? Just because he had a clip board and a bogus name card?

Yes, very sad and pathetic....

Old 01-17-2014, 10:35 AM

LOL!!!
You funny girl.
I AM Kevin Costner (or at least I can pretend I am online)
and I can make all of your
wildest wife of a movie star dreams
come true...
No, realllllyyyyy
its trueeeee

Old 01-17-2014, 11:01 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you can rationalize it as you like, that is not the point here...the point I'm trying to make is how utterly and I'm sorry to say so, stupid we Americans are....I was trying hard to be nice by using the words naieve or rationalize, but, you keep pushing the envelope.
Don't be using "we" Americans around me, I'm not naive and stupid.

I don't think this a USA thing, these scams are in other countries, and working too.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-17-2014, 11:52 AM

52,195 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Don't be using "we" Americans around me, I'm not naive and stupid.

I don't think this a USA thing, these scams are in other countries, and working too.
Apparently the Frogs get a taste of it too....

French President Falls for Phishing Scam

Old 01-17-2014, 12:10 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
I wonder if these scams happen to people in Europe? Do UK citizens, Scandinavians, Germans get scammed like this?

Old 01-17-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
LOL!!!
You funny girl.
I AM Kevin Costner (or at least I can pretend I am online)
and I can make all of your
wildest wife of a movie star dreams
come true...
No, realllllyyyyy
its trueeeee
GASPING, while putting my hands on my heart.....
Be still my heart.....

Oh Kevin....

REALLY?

ok, well, there is this little thing about your leading lady in "Message in a Bottle", and let me get this straight, she was married at the time, and I saw how you kissed her....SERIOUSLY???????

Oh and how bout, that time in "Dances with Wolves", Geeze Louise....I could have sent you a postcard that read, "sigh, wish you were here!"

Did you know I existed then, No! So forgetaboutit...cuz, Zac Effron has taken number one spot in my life now....

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships