Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 02:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
I don't like thin women. And I have been catcalled before, never by attractive women. I must admit I did not like it but In essence I am happy I got the comment because it meant im not ugly. If a hot broad did it though id be ecstatic.
Exactly! If a guy I find attractive catcalls me, I may blow him kisses back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 02:57 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,059,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I would be one to see the yelling and think, "Really? What a bunch of pigs."
Yup...pretty much this.
Pig, jerk, reject...take your pic of insults. Sums up how I feel when it's done to me.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Yup...pretty much this.
Pig, jerk, reject...take your pic of insults. Sums up how I feel when it's done to me.
I'm sorry, I just thought you were hot.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:14 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,327,751 times
I'm, by most definitions, a middle aged woman. A few months ago some toothless guy commented "appreciatively" about one of my body parts while I was getting gas. It's been awhile since I've been "hooted" at publicly, but I didn't appreciate it anymore today than when I was younger. It actually made me angry and disgusted me simultaneously. Can't a person get gas without comments on her figure?

I definitely don't consider it being "hit on."

Old 01-18-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I'm, by most definitions, a middle aged woman. A few months ago some toothless guy commented "appreciatively" about one of my body parts while I was getting gas. It's been awhile since I've been "hooted" at publicly, but I didn't appreciate it anymore today than when I was younger. It actually made me angry and disgusted me simultaneously. Can't a person get gas without comments on her figure?

I definitely don't consider it being "hit on."
You should of whipped out your taser, say hello to my little friend.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:12 PM

81 posts, read 144,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie99 View Post
No, because it usually isn't genuine. A lot of the guys are just being obnoxious. You're assuming only outstandingly attractive women are hollered at. The reality is, most young women with at least average looks are hit on by strangers. I'm average and I'm whistled at occasionally. It means nothing to me. Most men don't have high standards for looks. Being hit on in public is NOT an indication of a woman's attractiveness. Almost all women are hit on at some point in their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I agree that this aspect of it makes it not as complimentary or not feel as special, but it's often argued on this forum that the opposite is true, men don't have high physical standards. Can't have it both ways.
It may seem like a lot of guys on this forum want to have the best looking women, but that's just their preference in a perfect world. They all know it's not realistic to have such high standards in the real world.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:38 AM

2,916 posts, read 2,996,856 times
Women with "game" seem to handle it better than women that are squares. I think (square) women are (somewhat) OK with a man cat-calling them if they think he's hot. If he's not their type, or woefully unattractive, it becomes considerably more offensive. Instead of getting so hot and bothered, have something sassy to say back, or just smile and keep walking. If a man appreciates your ASSets, good for you.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:43 AM

102,176 posts, read 107,735,907 times
I don't consider "How ya doin', beautiful?" to be a catcall. I just smile, and banter back with the person as I'm walking by. I don't get the intimidating or nasty type of catcalls, so it's not a problem. I've never heard, "DAMN, can I take a picture"? That's a new one. If I heard that, I'd probably laugh, smile, wave and walk by. That seems pretty harmless. There's much worse. I also don't consider this "getting hit on". People don't say these things face to face, as if they're about to ask you for your number. They call it out from a distance as you're walking past.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:10 AM

620 posts, read 1,197,670 times
What would be the difference between hitting on a woman and cat calling? I always thought this was a way to hit on a girl...

Old 01-19-2014, 12:47 PM

97 posts, read 147,067 times
This applies to both genders .... if the person catcalling you is hot, no problem. Else, well, you get the idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships