Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 03:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
Women, let's say you're a social drinker (not someone who drinks to get drunk). Would it affect your opinion and interaction at a bar if a guy talks to you and you find he is drinking soda instead of beer? I get soda pretty frequently, since I tend to drive myself to the bar and I don't have a lot of experience wrt how much I can handle. I wouldn't act any differently because of it, perhaps a little less gregarious than if I drank a beer and was buzzed or drunk. I would still engage her in conversation, perhaps about her favorite drink. Just wanted to clarify whether it would make things awkward or affect the exchange if the guy didn't make a big deal of it.
Depends.

Coke or Pepsi?

[there is a difference]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 03:33 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I really haven't, in reality I rarely attempt to pick up chicks, but when I do, it's normally solo. My self-consciousness prevents me from doing it as much when I go out with friends, so I figure I'm best to attempt solo. Some will find it weird, some will find it gutsy, so it goes.
That makes absolutely no sense. Women are almost never in bars by themselves, so at least when you are in a group with friends, a friend can wing you or if you strike out, you have somewhere to go back to, instead of perching on your bar stool looking like a creeper looking for the next woman to hit on. Especially in a place like Milwaukee. I would image people go out with big groups.

Of course, all of this goes out the window if you are good looking and look the part.

If I were in your shoes, I would do meetups, and do volunteering. Way better odds to meet laid back women and have a fighting chance.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:35 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,025 times
Sensible although soda is pretty bad for you.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
That makes absolutely no sense. Women are almost never in bars by themselves, so at least when you are in a group with friends, a friend can wing you or if you strike out, you have somewhere to go back to, instead of perching on your bar stool looking like a creeper looking for the next woman to hit on. Especially in a place like Milwaukee. I would image people go out with big groups.

Of course, all of this goes out the window if you are good looking and look the part.

If I were in your shoes, I would do meetups, and do volunteering. Way better odds to meet laid back women and have a fighting chance.
Why not just let him do what he wants to do? Why are you trying to tell him that he has no chance?

Old 01-18-2014, 03:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
If you go to a bar with a DD, you should at least buy him his drinks because he's surrounded by people drinking, and he might enjoy drinking also, just not on that night, especially if he volunteered.

I do it when my friends want to go out, and there's usually one or 2 of my friends that will pick up my soda/water tab.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:51 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why not just let him do what he wants to do? Why are you trying to tell him that he has no chance?
He can do what he wants. I'm just giving my experiences.

The dating game is pretty predictable. I have been to hundreds upon hundreds of bars in many different cities, sometimes by myself.

That's a rough approach, going in solo like that. You disagree with me?

Old 01-18-2014, 04:01 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,423,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Depends.

Coke or Pepsi?

[there is a difference]
Coke

[Pepsi tastes like flat Coke]

Old 01-18-2014, 04:02 PM

457 posts, read 604,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Sensible although soda is pretty bad for you.
I don't even drink much soda, and when I do it's generally Sprite or Root Beer, and probably half of the soda I drink is when I go out to the bar.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Depends.

Coke or Pepsi?

[there is a difference]
Taste great! Less fillen!

Old 01-18-2014, 04:18 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,732,248 times
I'm single and I frequent bars often. Some nights I don't feel like drinking any booze, so I'll just order tea and eat some food. It's not strange or anything, I still have ladies hit on me, smile at me and some even gaze at me. Sometimes I'll be in a mood to meet new people, sometimes not. If I'm not drinking it doesn't change a thing. Most girls don't say anything about it, we just get to know each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships