Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 04:34 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

There are plenty of places to meet someone if you take advantage of what is happening around you at the time.
This is true but I never take advantage.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:03 PM

113 posts, read 275,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My point was along the same lines as self fulfilling prophecies.
I actually go out actively looking to meet people and hopefully meet a nice girl. I dont know how self fulfilling prophecy applied here. I dont sit in corner like a loner and do nothing

Old 01-19-2014, 05:10 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideLightning View Post
I actually go out actively looking to meet people and hopefully meet a nice girl. I dont know how self fulfilling prophecy applied here. I dont sit in corner like a loner and do nothing
Haven't you ever heard the expression 'It's when you aren't looking is when you find it?"
You are putting so much pressure on the 'going out' to meet people and should be looking in ways of your everyday life.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Haven't you ever heard the expression 'It's when you aren't looking is when you find it?"
You are putting so much pressure on the 'going out' to meet people and should be looking in ways of your everyday life.
I dont get it. U guys are saying that im both not trying hard enough and that im trying too hard. Which is it?

When I say that Im actively meeting people, I mean that I am very outgoing when I go to these places and i talk to everybody

Old 01-19-2014, 05:29 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
I used to meet women a decent amount back when I was a few years younger
You must be too old now, then.

It can take people years to meet someone they have much in common with and feel attracted to. You post threads every couple of months. And the one girl your friends did set you up with, you dumped for being a little overweight. I wonder how your friends felt about that.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:34 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:
I dont get it. U guys are saying that im both not trying hard enough and that im trying too hard. Which is it?

When I say that Im actively meeting people, I mean that I am very outgoing when I go to these places and i talk to everybody
It's because there is no manual and you aren't missing the page you think everyone else has.

There is no tried and true formula that works for everyone. People have success in a variety of techniques and what works for one doesn't for another.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:37 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
In a perfect world? A girl who likes sports, trance/house music, movies, working out, dogs,
Did you get a dog? Dog parks are good places to meet women, and dog shows. You've got a built-in ice-breaker with the dogs.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Did you get a dog? Dog parks are good places to meet women, and dog shows. You've got a built-in ice-breaker with the dogs.
Im crazy about dogs but I can't get one cause I live by myself and i work so much

If I found a cute girl with a pit bull or German shepherd, I think i would propose on the spot

Old 01-19-2014, 05:46 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
I never said I have everything figured out. I just don't understand the people saying that if I just keep socializing at every opportunity in various environments with new people, I will magically meet the girl of my dreams. I already do that and obviously it's not working out

I need a more concrete approach than just hoping the next gathering I go to will have a bunch of beautiful women desperate for a man to sweep them off their feet
There was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than that to my advice & that of others. There were a lot of great ideas you have not acknowledged.

You seem to only focus on what you can shoot down. This shows a mindset of not seeing where potential lies & pursuing it, only seeing what could go wrong.

Your attitude is also not kind & grateful to people who have taken time & energy to offer you suggestions. With a few responses, you have left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure you're not "magically" meeting anyone because it's not magical; it requires a good attitude & being open.

You will not do well with your mindset.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:07 PM

457 posts, read 604,652 times
Quote:
I see people saying this online, yet in real life, nearly every guy I know met their GF at work/social circle (college if they are of that age). I wonder why this is?
Because some people don't mind the drama that could come with it, and can deal with being in the spotlight. However, for those who do not enjoy being the center of attention, dating via your social circle can be a bit dodgy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships