Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 03:45 PM

113 posts, read 275,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
First, ask yourself what kind of woman suits you & what you need to do/be to find & attract her. When I say "suits" you, I don't just mean attracts you. As a whole person, what kind of woman would you like?
In a perfect world? A girl who likes sports, trance/house music, movies, working out, dogs, etc... I would like somebody who is classy and intelligent as well. This is beyond the obvious of physically attractive

Things I don't want: Overly religious, overly conservative, doesn't like kids or animals, not affectionate, high strung or high maintenance

Quote:
From there, start to think of where she would be (and if she suits you, then many of these places should appeal to you also). Try and think of places where you would see someone regularly. So you can say hi & smile a few time, and then one day a conversation will be natural.
I already do lots of things related to my interests - I go to trance concerts, sporting events, sports bars, night clubs, gyms, etc.... which is all great but I'm not really having much luck in dating

Quote:
Cold approaches aren't very natural & they seem to be a number's game. If you want someone suited to you that you actually like, then a more strategic approach.
I can usually find a woman who I know will be my type just based on how they look and how they carry themselves. You can tell a lot about somebody with that alone

Old 01-19-2014, 03:57 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,638,578 times
Where do you live? I know some women. I'll hook you up.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
No. If it hasn't sunk in by now - it never will.
No, please elaborate. I honestly don't understand what you're talking about

Quote:

Why do people keep recommending something that I already do?

I don't understand. I met 5 new people yesterday as I went out with a former co worker. I'm going to the birthday party of one of my college best friends next Saturday where I will probably meet a bunch of people as well...and I'm pretty certain that none of them will be attractive single women (just based on my luck)

Old 01-19-2014, 03:59 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,172,373 times
If you are as annoying and whiny in person as you are in this thread, it's no wonder you are having problems.

You too are already displaying what is known as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior.

Self-fulfilling prophecy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If I post this one more time today I'll scream.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
You too are already displaying what is known as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior.

Self-fulfilling prophecy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If I post this one more time today I'll scream.

LOL I know what a self fullfilling prophecy is. Why not just say it from the beginning?

Old 01-19-2014, 04:03 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,140,318 times
Sounds like you have it all figured out then OP. Don't know what you're making a thread about it for.
Yes, it's possible to date outside traditional means. There's your answer. Go cold approach.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you have it all figured out then OP. Don't know what you're making a thread about it for.
Yes, it's possible to date outside traditional means. There's your answer. Go cold approach.

I never said I have everything figured out. I just don't understand the people saying that if I just keep socializing at every opportunity in various environments with new people, I will magically meet the girl of my dreams. I already do that and obviously it's not working out

I need a more concrete approach than just hoping the next gathering I go to will have a bunch of beautiful women desperate for a man to sweep them off their feet

Old 01-19-2014, 04:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,152,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideLightning View Post

I don't understand. I met 5 new people yesterday as I went out with a former co worker. I'm going to the birthday party of one of my college best friends next Saturday where I will probably meet a bunch of people as well...and I'm pretty certain that none of them will be attractive single women (just based on my luck)
Oh - so you just have bad luck? In that case, there's really nothing you can do.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Oh - so you just have bad luck? In that case, there's really nothing you can do.

I've had terrible luck recently in regards to meeting women in my day to day activities

I used to meet women a decent amount back when I was a few years younger

Old 01-19-2014, 04:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,152,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideLightning View Post
I've had terrible luck recently in regards to meeting women in my day to day activities

I used to meet women a decent amount back when I was a few years younger
My point was along the same lines as self fulfilling prophecies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.