Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 02:25 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,129,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I am with Meh here. People do change as they "mature." One's experience and behavior in one stage of life is not a guaranteed predictor of that same behavior at another stage.

Besides, as many have said, men typically would not know those kinds of details of a woman's past going into a relationship anyway.

One would hope not. I think that often times, people are tempted to share too much info. Does a potential partner need to know that you aren't a virgin? Yes... that is a fair assumption. That you have an STD? Absolutely.

How fast you had sex with previous partners or how many partners you've had? Nope.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
I'm not generalizing or speaking for anyone else. Only myself, and I only dated women, so that's who my opinion applies to.
Well, I assumed you only dated women... I am just wondering if you were sitting here giving advice to, I dunno, your sister or a close female friend...

Would you steer her away from a friend of yours who was a nice guy and really liked her because he whored around some in college?

Or is that something you'd only do if one of your guy friends was interested in a similarly experienced female?

Old 01-21-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Their husbands will be sorry when the get Eat, Pray, Love'd...

Why? What is it they are getting, exactly, that is so terrible?

A woman who has sexual experience? Well, if they are having good sex, then why does the fact that she has a little or a lot of experience even matter?

The rest of it is no different... I mean, sex is but one facet of a relationship.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:28 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,103,552 times
This is one of those issues that seems to exist only on the internet. In real life, most people - or maybe I should say many people - that I know went through a wilder phase before settling down. It's kind of silly to expect people to be the same at every age of their life. It's sort of like saying that a 13 year old who is acting out is going to end up in jail and never become a decent adult. Most 13 year olds act out to some extent. Most college kids party to some extent. Most people mature in their mid 20's. I've never met a guy that wanted to know how long I waited to sleep with every guy before him - not that there were that many - but still. And I can't imagine anyone telling me that even though I'm now a wife and mother that it's only a matter of time before I abandon my family and go back to going out every weekend because that's what I did in college.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:30 PM

339 posts, read 379,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Well, I assumed you only dated women... I am just wondering if you were sitting here giving advice to, I dunno, your sister or a close female friend...

Would you steer her away from a friend of yours who was a nice guy and really liked her because he whored around some in college?

Or is that something you'd only do if one of your guy friends was interested in a similarly experienced female?
No, I don't think that men and women whoring around is the same thing. Men and women are not the same, despite what our feminist overlords would have us all believe.

But, I still think the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, and I think that applies to everyone, male or female.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:32 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,417,605 times
Quote:
Sex used to be something special, but those days are long gone. Thanks feminism!
Yes, because before feminism there was no prostitution, no brothels, no strip clubs, no out of wedlock births, no back-alley abortions, no adoption, no half-American babies born overseas when the military pulled in, and everyone was a virgin on their wedding night.

Take a frickin' class.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
No, I don't think that men and women whoring around is the same thing. Men and women are not the same, despite what our feminist overlords would have us all believe.

But, I still think the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, and I think that applies to everyone, male or female.

I think that the best predictor of behavior is consistent behavior in the here and now. I know a guy who went to jail when he was 17 for selling drugs.

He not only managed to get out of jail and go to college, but he went on to get his MBA and he's been a very successful businessman, husband, and father for MANY years.

I guess, by your rationale, we can expect him to start selling drugs again like he did for a few months as a teenager?

Old 01-21-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Why? What is it they are getting, exactly, that is so terrible?

A woman who has sexual experience? Well, if they are having good sex, then why does the fact that she has a little or a lot of experience even matter?

The rest of it is no different... I mean, sex is but one facet of a relationship.
What they are getting, is used, tainted goods. Now I'm not saying I wouldn't sleep with, or have a fling with a woman with a lot of "experience" (lol), but again, I'm not going to pay for what dozens of others have gotten for free.

DISCLAIMER: Again, this is only my opinion and how I conduct myself. Use at your own risk.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:34 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,555,197 times
Quote:
This goes along with one of my primary beefs with marriage.

There's no way in h*ll I'm going to pay top dollar for something that some other dude got for free.

No sale.
So you're saying you'd only marry a virgin?

Old 01-21-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Yes, because before feminism there was no prostitution, no brothels, no strip clubs, no out of wedlock births, no back-alley abortions, no adoption, no half-American babies born overseas when the military pulled in, and everyone was a virgin on their wedding night.

Take a frickin' class.
Are those things more or less prominent now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships