Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 02:37 PM

339 posts, read 379,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I think that the best predictor of behavior is consistent behavior in the here and now. I know a guy who went to jail when he was 17 for selling drugs.

He not only managed to get out of jail and go to college, but he went on to get his MBA and he's been a very successful businessman, husband, and father for MANY years.

I guess, by your rationale, we can expect him to start selling drugs again like he did for a few months as a teenager?
You're correct. Some people do make extreme changes. Just not many. There are examples of everything, it doesn't mean they're common. Anecdotes aren't data.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So you're saying you'd only marry a virgin?
Not necessarily. In reality, I won't marry any woman. It's too fraught with legal risk for a man.

But, if I were going to marry, she'd have a low count.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Not necessarily. In reality, I won't marry any woman. It's too fraught with legal risk for a man.

But, if I were going to marry, she'd have a low count.
Is your count low?

Old 01-21-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Is your count low?

No.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:41 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
This is one of those issues that seems to exist only on the internet. In real life, most people - or maybe I should say many people - that I know went through a wilder phase before settling down. It's kind of silly to expect people to be the same at every age of their life. It's sort of like saying that a 13 year old who is acting out is going to end up in jail and never become a decent adult. Most 13 year olds act out to some extent. Most college kids party to some extent. Most people mature in their mid 20's. I've never met a guy that wanted to know how long I waited to sleep with every guy before him - not that there were that many - but still. And I can't imagine anyone telling me that even though I'm now a wife and mother that it's only a matter of time before I abandon my family and go back to going out every weekend because that's what I did in college.

Yeah... I find it bewildering. I think it's the Madonna/***** thing, truly. Dudes want a woman who is pure, but once she meets up with them, they want her to be WILD... but... only for them.

I dunno. Odd.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
No.

Soo... you're admitting that you're a hypocrite?

Old 01-21-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
No.
The funny thing is - many women with a low count also want a man with a low count. It seems that a lot of the guys on here don't really take that into consideration. You assume that your count doesn't matter to women but that a woman's count matters to men.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Soo... you're admitting that you're a hypocrite?
Nope. I'm admitting I have preferences. Men and women sleeping around is not the same thing, and you'll never convince me that it is. There is a biological double standard, and I know a lot of modern women are butthurt about it, but it is what it is.

If I was asked what my count is, I'd tell it straight out.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
The funny thing is - many women with a low count also want a man with a low count. It seems that a lot of the guys on here don't really take that into consideration. You assume that your count doesn't matter to women but that a woman's count matters to men.
They are free to make decisions to their own liking. I wouldn't ridicule anyone for having a "count" preference.

But in my (extensive) experience, women don't mind a high count. In fact, a lot of them LIKE it.

It's called preselection. Since a lot of women are tuned into the approval of other women, a lot of women having selected me for sex/relationships, means that I must be a good bet.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Nope. I'm admitting I have preferences. Men and women sleeping around is not the same thing, and you'll never convince that it is. There is a biological double standard, and I know a lot of modern women are butthurt about it, but it is what it is.

If I was asked what my count is, I'd tell it straight out.
Why do you think that? I don't know anyone that has had an issue with this in my real life. I only hear this as in issue from guys on the internet - and only the ones that seem to be more insecure. Just the way it appears to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships