Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 05:07 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
I appreciate the feedback! I am dealing with a huge insecurity over this issue, So let me ask you ladies, and gentlemen, if someone took all the precautions, and was honest, would you still have sex them? LTR??

Since I want kids, and I'm not fond of rubbers, I would thoroughly educate myself about the STD that person has. And if it is highly contagious, I doubt I could, because I know I'll end up getting it somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 05:17 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
I couldn't start a relationship knowing that this issue existed. I wouldn't want to end up in your shoes.

I imagine you can find a woman who has the same std and not worry about it. It's nice to know you're honest about it.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:23 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,019 times
Yes minx, I'm glad I'm honest about it to. I suspect most women feel the way you do. Woop diddy doo!!!

In regards to the dating sites, I'll check them out. Can't say I am excited about the limited options but oh well, what'cha gonna do? Now all I need to do is figure out are which ones are in unfortunate circumstances like myself, and which ones are just outright skanks. I do love adventures!!

Old 01-21-2014, 05:25 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
Quote:
Yes minx, I'm glad I'm honest about it to. I suspect most women feel the way you do. Woop diddy doo!!!

In regards to the dating sites, I'll check them out. Can't say I am excited about the limited options but oh well, what'cha gonna do? Now all I need to do is figure out are which ones are in unfortunate circumstances like myself, and which ones are just outright skanks. I do love adventures!!
Good luck, I hope you find a lovely woman

Old 01-21-2014, 05:30 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,019 times
Thank you, to all of you. Sorry for the bitterness. I've tried to rep you, but apparently I already have at some point recently and I need to spread the wealth before I can again.

Fortunately, that's not as contagious! Ba da bum bum!!

Old 01-21-2014, 05:36 PM

149 posts, read 206,751 times
It's your choice ultimately if you want to stick to dating those on other sites that also have STDs or not. You'll obviously be limiting yourself.

Honestly a woman would accept a man with it before a man would accept a woman with it in my opinion, so you have that going for you I think.

I think you could maybe still date women in the general population (hell, some of them will have it anyways and not know...what are the stats like 1 in 9 or something?)...but you should of course probably not be physical with them until you are comfortable being able to tell them about it. Who knows...having to wait longer may potentially mean you end up finding someone even more 'worth it' to wait for in the end.

If it gets to be too much to bare, maybe therapy would be good for you as well.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:42 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,500,846 times
Unless you are willing to lie to women about having it and sleep with them while they're unaware (which it sounds like you aren't, since you're a decent human being unlike the kind of monster willing to do such a thing to a trusting person), then I think it can only be a rational move to be upfront about it, rather than waste time on people who will automatically consider you a "no" because of it. And the truth is, everyone has their list of disqualifiers. Some women won't date a man shorter than them. Some men won't date a woman taller than them. There are weight requirements, looks requirements, job requirements, personality requirements... every person on the planet would be disqualified by someone, and everyone on the planet has some list of things they consider no-gos. So I think you can only save yourself time and energy by not pursuing women who won't consider it.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:45 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Because of my personal health risks, I'd have to REALLY like someone if they had herpes. Type 2 diabetes (a likelihood in my future, given that my mother developed it despite no significant risk factors) does not go well with a virus that causes opens sores. If someone knew they had it, chose not to tell me and we slept together, I would be utterly enraged.

But if I liked someone who told me about it early on, they were willing to wait a while before we had sex and they were getting good results from taking whatever necessary medication (protection with antiviral meds can be 95%), yeah, I'd probably be willing to give it a go. I would respect the hell out of them for their honesty too.

But there ARE dating sites for people with STDs - people who are in the same position as you, grump. I read about one years ago that allowed you to search for partners based on the type of STD, so there was minimal concern about contracting something new or passing on something that your partner didn't already have.

Having it doesn't say anything about who you are as a person. How you handle it,

Old 01-21-2014, 05:59 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Thank you, to all of you. Sorry for the bitterness. I've tried to rep you, but apparently I already have at some point recently and I need to spread the wealth before I can again.

Fortunately, that's not as contagious! Ba da bum bum!!
Just a minor obstacle that I'm sure you can navigate through.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:16 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,682,890 times
Isn't it true that a very large percentage of the adult population United States has a similar problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships