Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 03:06 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
More like desperate for attention

All made up, IMO.

The saga continues. Albeit just as boring and boorish as ever.

A woman at work yesterday complained to me about her husband - what does this mean?

I may have just been hit on; went completely over my head

A real goodie: Should I ask my professor out on a date - if so, how?

Cougars seem to really like me - why?

Missing out, yet the treads continue due to his bewilderment:

Guys, if you aren't hooking up w a cougar, you're missing out!

This thread of more of the same drivel.
Whoa!

Okay. It all makes sense to me now!

The new woman the OP is talking about, has read all of his previous posts on CD, and just wanted to make sure she's not just his new sex toy.

Yep! I get it now.

OP--buy a blow up doll. It's more your speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 03:30 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Considering her wants, I think there is too much of an age gap.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:56 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,079,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
We drive to the bar in her car (which she mentioned was $65k, which I thought was weird to mention, #1) and on the way there she tells me how she went on a date with a guy who didn't pay for dinner and she thought it was very rude and didn't see him a second date.

She also said something to the effect of, "just so you know, some people might call me high maintenance, but I just like nice things. I like quality, nice things, and I like to look and feel good." I chalked that up as weird thing #3.

We get to the bar and the conversation is going great, but she explicitly told me she's not ready for any light touching of her hand or leg.

The conversation continues, and out of the blue she says, "you know were not having sex, right?"

She also started telling me how many guys on OKCupid she rejects and and stuff like that.

Besides her looks, what's the appeal? She sounds self-centered and bossy. You can have high self confidence and know what you want without being rude. It seems like you'll meet her needs though. A puppy dog that'll follow her around and do what she wants.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:33 PM

678 posts, read 1,064,572 times
I have a female friend from college that is sort of like this, it appears that she's wealthy but she's really not, just has an extremely expensive taste and she enjoys the attention. So she will casually date guys who will help her maintain her lifestyle (in her case all of the guys are not relationship material which is her way out) until she's either had enough of them or something happens that causes them to stop seeing each other. Then she move on to a decent guy who can help maintain her lifestyle and get in a relationship with him...until she gets bored with him and then goes back to the guys that are unavailable. For her, it's her way of maintaining attention without long-term commitment.

I'm doubt that's happening with your date but personally I would pass because she sounds like she's emotionally unstable by being presumptive (i.e. I'm going to hurt you before you hurt me which is why she told you no sex without any indication from you that it's what you were after) and a bit controlling (i.e. I'm going to kiss you and then walk away).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships