Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 12:19 PM

1,098 posts, read 900,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
She most likely likes other guys and is trying to pursue them, might not be having success. She seems nice for wanting to be friends though. At least you get a friend out of it.
It doesn't work that way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 12:22 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,586,681 times
A woman does not generally decide she wants to spend the rest of her life with a guy she has only been on three dates with. You really need to allow some time for a relationship to develop rather than try to force it to happen right away. Take the time to be a freind and there is a greater chance that some day you cold be more than that.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
A woman does not generally decide she wants to spend the rest of her life with a guy she has only been on three dates with. You really need to allow some time for a relationship to develop rather than try to force it to happen right away. Take the time to be a freind and there is a greater chance that some day you cold be more than that.
doesn't work that way...

I know i left out a some important details, but If anything I went too slow and that's why she lost interest.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:28 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,586,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
doesn't work that way...

I know i left out a some important details, but If anything I went too slow and that's why she lost interest.
She lost interest because when she said she wanted a friend instead of a lover you told her you were not interested in being her friend...She NEEDED a freind.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
She lost interest because when she said she wanted a friend instead of a lover you told her you were not interested in being her friend...She NEEDED a freind.
I really don't think that's the case. She got cold with me before she dumped me and even when i did try to talk with her during our "friendship" she was much colder with me than when we were dating.

When she sent me the message Yesterday it was the first time i've seen a "" in a real long time.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:52 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,100,408 times
Yep. It was only three dates. It didn't work. Keep it moving.

If you think that three dates is moving too slow, then she is either too fast or you are in so much of a hurry to have a GF that you are not thinking it through and will get burned.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:30 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,122,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
I really don't think that's the case. She got cold with me before she dumped me and even when i did try to talk with her during our "friendship" she was much colder with me than when we were dating.

When she sent me the message Yesterday it was the first time i've seen a "" in a real long time.
Or...maybe you were really, really pushy the first time around. Just take things at a much more relaxed pace.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:38 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,657,286 times
Forgive me but I don't understand what all the drama is about. You dated three times. She told you she was having some personal issues she needed to work through. ( Would you rather she'd continued seeing you and dumped on you all the details of those personal issues?) Anyway, she wanted to stay friends but, not content with honoring her wishes, you soon told her "crystal clear" that you weren't interested in a friendship but in a relationship. I guess you weren't listening too well to what she'd already very honestly told you.

A couple of months have gone by and now she's extended a friendship hand to you and, frankly, you sound pissed off that she'd do something so outrageous.

Probably best you forget about it as obviously friendship with a woman at this stage in your life isn't an option, even though many relationships start out as friendships and are much stronger because of it. She sounds like a wise and insightful girl who doesn't play games.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Or...maybe you were really, really pushy the first time around. Just take things at a much more relaxed pace.
i kissed her once...we watched tv in bed under the covers and I didn't make any moves. Trust me I was not pushy hahaha

it's so annoying how people will make up anything and everything on these forums.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:15 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,939,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You handle it by not doing anything you made it clear you cannot be just friends, she responded now it is your turn to cut her off completely and walk away if that is your choice.
Since you already made it clear to her you want no further contact don't engage her and respond to her latest message.
Exactly!

She shot you a text now delete her completely!!

If anything it will drive her nuts!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships