Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 06:36 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times

Advertisements

I'd slam my smoke bomb and go ninja on her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 06:36 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
Whenever I've been in a FWB situation, we've agreed up front that it had limits and would not become more. There was never a case where one of us developed additional feelings, so there were never any complications. However, if they had developed and were not mutual, it would have been time to end it before more problems developed. I would never string someone along - it's not only wrong but unfair.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:43 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Sex doesn't matter, us men have just as much drama as women, we just dramatize different stuff (like sports, physically activities, etc.)
I asked, because I've heard of guys falling in love with their f--- buddies, and then getting hurt when she ends it. In fact, Frihed posted here once that it's a fairly common problem in Denmark, where he lives.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:46 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,733,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I asked, because I've heard of guys falling in love with their f--- buddies, and then getting hurt when she ends it. In fact, Frihed posted here once that it's a fairly common problem in Denmark, where he lives.
Does a bear shiit in the woods?

Old 01-26-2014, 06:49 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm sure it happens. We men do have feelings, too. But typically, majority of men enter those fwb situations with their rules set in stone; I know I do.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:59 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,069,474 times
I'm a woman. And all but one FWB's have gotten "more then friends" feelings for me (or flat out fell in love with me). I'm awesome, I know.

My #1 rule is if one party starts to have feelings, FWB is over. We can discuss if we want to stop being FWB's and become BF/GF, but I don't want that so I end it completely. With some, we remained just friends for a bit, others, I had to completely walk away from them.

The ones that have told me how they feel, well, they're usually sad and hurt that I don't want anything more. I always like my FWB's as people in general (I have to), but when I go into a FWB, I have my lines drawn. I feel bad that they eventually end up liking me and want more, but well, what can you do? I'm rarely interested in them in that way.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:48 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNewUsername View Post
Guys (married or single), if you are having sex with a woman with the understanding up front that there will be no 'love' relationship, what happens if the woman starts to develop feelings and lets you know? You both spoke up front and were honest that what you are both doing is nothing but sex.

You know the feeling isn't mutual and you don't see her as long term relationship material and if married, you know you aren't leaving your wife for her, do you break things off? continue to sleep with her leading her on?

How do you handle?

Guys, have you ever fallen in love with a woman that started out as just 'sleeping together' relationship?
I am extremely skeptical that I would ever put myself in such a situation. Therefore, this scenario does not and probably will never apply to me.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:58 PM

888 posts, read 1,099,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNewUsername View Post
Guys (married or single), if you are having sex with a woman with the understanding up front that there will be no 'love' relationship, what happens if the woman starts to develop feelings and lets you know? You both spoke up front and were honest that what you are both doing is nothing but sex.

You know the feeling isn't mutual and you don't see her as long term relationship material and if married, you know you aren't leaving your wife for her, do you break things off? continue to sleep with her leading her on?

How do you handle?

Guys, have you ever fallen in love with a woman that started out as just 'sleeping together' relationship?
Way back in the day, I would call them out on anything that sounded or acted like something like a "Feeling". I would simply say, "Don't get attached, we are having fun, but I'll end it in a minute." Sometimes they just needed a gentle reminder. If they continued, I would dump them. Easy peasy

Old 01-26-2014, 08:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Don't do it with this type of man.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:04 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,069,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Way back in the day, I would call them out on anything that sounded or acted like something like a "Feeling". I would simply say, "Don't get attached, we are having fun, but I'll end it in a minute." Sometimes they just needed a gentle reminder. If they continued, I would dump them. Easy peasy
My friend does something like this too. He's more into polyamory, so the women know they're not the only ones and that he won't ever commit to any of them. So when they get attached, he basically reminds them that they're not the only ones, he'll back off a bit, talk about the others a bit more, etc. Until they remember who they're with. He said it seems to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships