Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 01:50 PM

663 posts, read 777,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
It's because he's staring at someone who clearly doesn't want to be stared at... THAT IS CREEPY.

If you are looking at someone and that person reacts negatively, stop looking. You are instantly redeemed enough that nobody is going to pick on you for it.
Ok so staring is rude and creepy?

After this comedy club event I went to, I was walking behind this super hot girl and looking at the guys.

Guess what? EVERY SINGLE one of them looked her up and down. The one's who had wives were a little more discreet and glanced for half a second. The guys who didn't have wives looked for a good 3 seconds. Even some of the wives stared at her.

It didn't matter how the girl would have reacted. I honestly don't know how you "react negatively" but it doesn't matter because I vouche that no matter how negative the girl acts...the guys would stare at her regardless. She was that hot.

So, by your logic EVERY SINGLE guy at the comedy club was CREEPY?

Old 01-27-2014, 01:51 PM

322 posts, read 504,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Do you have any female friends?

Every guy needs some... they can give you tips on how to get women.
Nope. I want to date women, I'm not trying to be their friend.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:51 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Guess what? EVERY SINGLE one of them looked her up and down. The one's who had wives were a little more discreet and glanced for half a second. The guys who didn't have wives looked for a good 3 seconds.

So, by your logic EVERY SINGLE guy at the comedy club was CREEPY?
Glancing for a second or two isn't staring.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:52 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,141 times
The kids at school got so bad that one day a car full of jocks followed him home to start a fight for asking the girl out. So please don't tell me that its just not another way to shame outcast. Oh by the way my friend killed himself a year later.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
She wants to be your friend.^^^^^
I don't want to be her friend. Just being honest. Sorry if I come as mean.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:53 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I don't believe in the "friend zone." A woman either wants me or she doesn't. I don't believe in being a woman's friend if she rejects me.
Here's what you do... Don't let her know what your intentions are.
Be polite, kind, attentive. Do not take in further.

For instance, a gal you are interested works at a grocery store. You get in her line to check out. You be funny, you smile, you ask her how her day is going as she is scanning your food.

That's it. Don't ask for her number or anything. A few days later, get in her line again. Introduce yourself this time. "I'm Jack by the way." Simple quick and easy. "Have a good night."

You do this for a couple weeks. She, hopefully will enjoy seeing you. Hopefully she will remember your name.

Try that for now and keep telling yourself you are awesome and beautiful. Seriously.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:53 PM

663 posts, read 777,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Look at an object while staring up and down, and count to 3. I would consider that staring. That's what all the guys were doing.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Isn't that a good thing?

Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Here's what you do... Don't let her know what your intentions are.
Be polite, kind, attentive. Do not take in further.

For instance, a gal you are interested works at a grocery store. You get in her line to check out. You be funny, you smile, you ask her how her day is going as she is scanning your food.

That's it. Don't ask for her number or anything. A few days later, get in her line again. Introduce yourself this time. "I'm Jack by the way." Simple quick and easy. "Have a good night."

You do this for a couple weeks. She, hopefully will enjoy seeing you. Hopefully she will remember your name.

Try that for now and keep telling yourself you are awesome and beautiful. Seriously.
I usually don't approach women in the grocery store. But in other places, I could give this a try.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:56 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
Isn't that a good thing?
Yes, that's the point. People notice other people all the time and it isn't creepy. Leering and staring at someone can make them uncomfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.