Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 02:56 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times

Advertisements

I do.
True love exists....but these days people really are more likely to be distracted by their technology than to recognize their soul mate.
The other aspect is that people seem to buy into disposable relationships.....
not putting any real effort or time into something that has potential.
True love is real, but it takes work-
and many want it cheap & easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 03:00 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Not one bit.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:34 AM

639 posts, read 678,387 times
true love means without any selfish motos behind and as Chanakya remarks,"there is no relationship in this world without any selfish reason behind".
even a mother expects a lot from his child that he may be with her in bad times and so even she has some reasons behind her love.
i believe that the best and most truthful relationship is of a god to a human [not human to god; a person only remember god when he wants something, but god is there always, in your sad and happy moments and he expects nothing from you]

Old 02-11-2014, 10:28 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I have a very analytical mind.

I sometimes think that is my greatest asset.

Other times, I think it's my biggest liability.

That being said do I believe in true love?

Yes.

If you look around, you will see.
It IS all around and I pray more here will experience it for themselves in the future.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:59 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Yes.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:03 PM

101 posts, read 158,897 times
Perhaps but I doubt it. True hate really exists, though. I've experienced it first hand.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:38 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,021 times
Yes. I love him every day more and more.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:52 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
This is a serious question I want to ask you all. I honestly don't believe there is a woman out there for me, but I don't want to talk about that. My focus is on your beliefs. Do you actually believe this fairy tale of true love?
I don't. I believe love is a verb as much as a feeling, and I think on any given day, generally speaking, there are tens of thousands of people walking around on Earth with whom I could be compatible. With 7 billion people on the planet, it's just not logical to think there is just one person fated to be a true love or "soulmate." I don't buy into the whole "match made in heaven" or "God's plan" thing, either, because I don't believe in any deities, or even the concept of souls.

For me personally, it would seem my relationships have shelf-lives of anywhere from 3 to 7 years. Makes sense, biologically. By the time a kid is 4 or so, he or she can walk and run and pick his or her own berries. Onward to the next caveman for the sake of genetic variation.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:14 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Shockingly yes. As cynical and anti marriage as I am I know true love exists in many forms and (for me) in many different men.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:53 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,153 times
Yes it does exist. But YOU must make it exist. I met and married a wonderful boy. I was 17 and he was 20. People didn't think it would work as we were so very young and in love. But here we are, celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary and we are still madly in love with each other. He still turns me on, even if he is a little on the heavy side now, and I am the woman of his dreams. He makes me breakfast in bed every weekend, runs out in the middle of the night just to get me a piece of cake. And me, well, I maintain mysef in shape and I want to always look beautiful for him. I keep a clean home, bake his favorite treats, we love going to the movies, and he still holds my hand. Even in the car. I laugh at all his jokes and make him feel like he's the funniest and smartest guy around. Have we had our ups and downs? Sure we have. But we got through it. The lust and "in love" feeling of butterflies in the stomach has now subdued but not vanished, and in its place is a strong bond and trust. I'd rather spend my time with him than with anyone else. We have three wonderful kids. My daughter has learned how a man should treat a woman from her dad, and my two boys know how to be wonderful husbands to their future wives. Yes true love does exist. You have to make it so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships