Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 04:35 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

She's a serial monogamist.

Not exactly a prize, based on your history.

I'm guessing she felt like you would be an easy mark, to put it bluntly. It shows how inconsiderate she really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 04:38 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
You were the love of her life and she faded on you???

She's sounding worse and worse. Who labeled her a one man woman? You or her?

I sincerely hope you are not considering seeing her.
"Who labeled her a one man woman? You or her? "
That would be me. 3 monogamous relationships over 15 years would indicate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Can't answer your question. Her behavior isn't something I don't understand. Heck I don't even understand trial breakups!
She was beating around the bush on the why, I know he didn't physically abuse her, but I know the guy has a not so stable history with his Ex.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:41 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
She may be either 1) devious 2) weak/dependent or 3) still in love with you and wants to get back together....

Some questions to explore -

Devious? - Is she trying to prove to her bf she can easily get another man? Is she playing games? Trying to make him jealous? Trying to give herself an ego boost at the expense of your feelings?

Weak/Dependent? - Does she find it hard to function independently (either emotionally or financially)? How independent is she in her lifestyle/career? How long has she been single between relationships? What is her attitude toward men?

In love with you? - Why did your relationship with her end? Why do you think you were the love of her life? How did she show you love? How did she treat you differently than other men?

Old 01-27-2014, 04:50 PM

833 posts, read 657,431 times
Life is too short dude, if you have any feelings for her, go see her but avoid intimacy until such time that you understand what she truly wants from her life and you. Good luck

Old 01-27-2014, 04:54 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,958 times
LOTS of people go out and seek companionship and more right after the loss of a relationship. That isn't my style, but honestly, I think I'm in the minority.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:56 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
LOTS of people go out and seek companionship and more right after the loss of a relationship. That isn't my style, but honestly, I think I'm in the minority.
Same here. I take loooong breaks.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Sounds like an ex of mine. Every time he splits from a wife (he's had three and counting)or girlfriends he reappears. He just can't bear to be alone. However I have no interest in him and haven't since we split off. I would never consider taking him back.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
She may be either 1) devious 2) weak/dependent or 3) still in love with you and wants to get back together....

Some questions to explore -

Devious? - Is she trying to prove to her bf she can easily get another man? Is she playing games? Trying to make him jealous? Trying to give herself an ego boost at the expense of your feelings?

Weak/Dependent? - Does she find it hard to function independently (either emotionally or financially)? How independent is she in her lifestyle/career? How long has she been single between relationships? What is her attitude toward men?

In love with you? - Why did your relationship with her end? Why do you think you were the love of her life? How did she show you love? How did she treat you differently than other men?
Good question GoCubs1, makes me really self refect and thats what I was looking for.

"Devious? - Is she trying to prove to her bf she can easily get another man? Is she playing games? Trying to make him jealous? Trying to give herself an ego boost at the expense of your feelings?"

Could be. I think some people do that automatically without thinking. I almost found myself bringing up other women that I have dated before catching my tongue. I really feel no desire in trying to make her jeolous or feel bad.

"Weak/Dependent? - Does she find it hard to function independently (either emotionally or financially)? How independent is she in her lifestyle/career? How long has she been single between relationships? What is her attitude toward men? "

She is very independant, protective mom towards her kids and friends, to a fault. Rescues everyone and every animal she finds. Makes good money but spends it all. She has many friends, men and women. Everybody loves her. Shes like the block mom, she takes care of everybody.

"In love with you? - Why did your relationship with her end? Why do you think you were the love of her life? How did she show you love? How did she treat you differently than other men?"

I was overwhelmed with her situation at home and probably withdrew first. in hindsight she was looking for a commitment and I could't see myself living in her environment. As far as the Love of my life statement almost every topic from Politics to current events we were on the same page, we travelled well together. I haven't had a lover that has even come close and I have more than a little experience. She basically knew what I was going to do before I did it and could control it. I actually got along well with her kids even though they were quite out of control many times.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Sounds like an ex of mine. Every time he splits from a wife (he's had three and counting)or girlfriends he reappears. He just can't bear to be alone. However I have no interest in him and haven't since we split off. I would never consider taking him back.
"He just can't bear to be alone. "
I can see that.

" I would never consider taking him back"
I would love to take her back but I had to back out knowing it would not work for me from a practical standpoint.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-27-2014 at 05:33 PM..

Old 01-27-2014, 05:32 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

She is very independant, protective mom towards her kids and friends, to a fault. Rescues everyone and every animal she finds. Makes good money but spends it all. She has many friends, men and women. Everybody loves her. Shes like the block mom, she takes care of everybody.

She's actually not independent at all from what you describe. She's depending on all those people who need her to make her feel needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships