Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 03:54 PM

38 posts, read 43,127 times

Advertisements

I hate the phrase "in love" because an "in" indicates that there will be an "out" version at some point. I think once on truly loves, love lasts. I cannot say that it means that a couple will stay together, especially if there is not mutual love, but love doesn't just go away after a while or after someone has hurt you. My Mom loved my dad even through the divorce. Love doesn't mean relationships will work, unfortunately.

But love is different than "in love". Love is stronger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 04:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
True love is when you put cream on his hemroids.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:21 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,294 times
When even their fecal matter is beautiful to you?

Idk I've never been in "true love". From a general perspective I think that what humans perceive as love is an evolutionary mechanism to keep the species going and ensure their offspring are ready for the threats and opportunities of the world.

I don't think its mentally or physically healthy to base your self worth on another person's happiness or think that you literally cannot live without whoever you are seeing by making them your everything and pinning all of your life's goals and dreams on them. But what do I know I've never been in "true love".

Old 02-02-2014, 07:36 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times
You deeply value them for who they are, not just for how they make you feel emotionally. This means really knowing & seeing them for who they truly are & not just wanting to experience it it for your own benefit, but nurture & support it for its own sake. The emotion experienced is more of a deep resonation that this person is significant to you, not a gooey high. The gooey high is more about someone making you feel good about yourself.

That's my experience & observation anyway.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:38 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Like I said before, when you can separate yourself and take all of your own needs and wants out of the equation and you genuinely want goodness and happiness for someone else........ putting their needs above your own... in a nutshell.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Like I said before, when you can separate yourself and take all of your own needs and wants out of the equation and you genuinely want goodness and happiness for someone else........ putting their needs above your own... in a nutshell.
Exactly.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
True love is when you put cream on his hemroids.
I'm sure we all laughed or went "ewww" to this mental image , but really, you aren't so far off the mark.

True love endures many difficult or nasty things.

I think my sons learned to be better young men when they watched my husband take care of me after major surgery several years back. He did things like wash my long hair for me and empty my urine catheter bag - all with a smile on his face and no complaining.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:41 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
When you walk into the bathroom in the morning and they have done #2 and the smell doesn't bother you.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:11 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggertoes View Post
I hate the phrase "in love" because an "in" indicates that there will be an "out" version at some point. I think once on truly loves, love lasts. I cannot say that it means that a couple will stay together, especially if there is not mutual love, but love doesn't just go away after a while or after someone has hurt you. My Mom loved my dad even through the divorce. Love doesn't mean relationships will work, unfortunately.

But love is different than "in love". Love is stronger.
To me it's a little different. Even though I'm young I feel the only people I will "love" is someone in my family. If I'm in a relationship "I'm in love" and if it ends so does my love. I don't "love" any of my exes and don't care to know what they're up to, or even if they're fine. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years and I'm "in love" with her now, but if it ends it ends. That's just how I am

Old 02-04-2014, 03:53 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
& you want to kiss her all over......

Um...no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships