Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 11:36 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
honestly doesn't care if you...

- open their mail?
- looks through their cell phone?
- looks through their email?
- looks through their FB account?
- even look through their wallet?

I'm just asking out of curiosity! I'm sure some will say that each partner should respect the other & give them their privacy. Others will say if a person's got nothing to hide, it shouldn't matter & if anyone can look through your stuff, well surely your spouse/SO should be able to.
I tend to believe in the latter myself. What does everyone think?
I don't mind if my wife looks through my stuff, and she doesn't mind if I look through her stuff. Neither one of us do it, but its understood that no problems will arise if it happens because we have nothing to hid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 11:42 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:

- open their mail?

I'm just asking out of curiosity! I'm sure some will say that each partner should respect the other & give them their privacy. Others will say if a person's got nothing to hide, it shouldn't matter & if anyone can look through your stuff, well surely your spouse/SO should be able to.
My wife opens all the mail bc I think it is an annoying chore.
My wife sometimes texts herself pics of my son that are on my phone. I use hers to play games I don't want to install on my phone.
My wife does my business correspondence and uses my email account to get the information. I use her email to get to Netflix info.
My wife is my facebook friend. There is no other info on my page that any friend cannot see. Vice versa.
My wife replaces expired credit cards and health insurance cards in my wallet. I pick up and get her wallet and purse together when the boy or puppy mess them all up.

Free access to everything bc we are a team and nothing nefarious is going on.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:50 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
For me, having free access or no access is not going to be the indicator if something nefarious is going on.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:35 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Couples who share email, facebook accts etc are not "insecure"

Clearly some of you just have no idea how some people in solid, strong marriages do things.

If the relationships you have with those you truly love are so disposable I feel really sorry for you.

I had no idea you were so self-righteous.

Some relationships are disposable by necessity. I wish I lived in your world where everything was so rosey.

Wry never said that she would stop talking to her sister forever. She isn't ready to talk to her right now. And even if she is never ready, that's between Wry and her sister.

As for your erroneous second sentence.... I guess assumptions are ok when it's you doing the assuming?

Old 01-30-2014, 04:45 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
For me, having free access or no access is not going to be the indicator if something nefarious is going on.
Way to miss the point.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:47 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:

- open their mail?

Neither my husband nor myself care about any of these things. Neither of us is particularly private. Neither of is really all that interested in going through the others' stuff, for the most part, (I usually end up opening all mail, by default, or it doesn't get opened in a timely manner), but if we did for some reason, it wouldn't be a big issue. Neither of us really has anything that we would care if the other knew about.

I don't know...I'm neither especially nosy, nor especially private, and my husband is the same.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:26 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,466 times
Nope he doesn't care. In fact my husband gave me all his passwords just cause. No BS.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:27 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
My wife opens all the mail bc I think it is an annoying chore.
My wife sometimes texts herself pics of my son that are on my phone. I use hers to play games I don't want to install on my phone.
My wife does my business correspondence and uses my email account to get the information. I use her email to get to Netflix info.
My wife is my facebook friend. There is no other info on my page that any friend cannot see. Vice versa.
My wife replaces expired credit cards and health insurance cards in my wallet. I pick up and get her wallet and purse together when the boy or puppy mess them all up.

Boom. Exactly.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I had no idea you were so self-righteous.

Some relationships are disposable by necessity. I wish I lived in your world where everything was so rosey.
I stand by my statement, which was in response to jw2 saying " If I were in wry's shoes, related or not, that would be the last I would speak to either".

I DO feel really sorry for someone like her would could be so shallow and short-sighted as to completely write off a beloved family member, someone they truly love and enjoy being with, simply because of some hurt feelings and mistakes made on all sides.

The concept of forgiveness and agape love is apparently lost on some folks

Old 01-30-2014, 11:17 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
It's slightly hypocritical to call someone "shallow and short-sighted" and then immediately chastise them for not grasping the idea of agape
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships