Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 09:42 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
you think she just played me for a free dinner?
I think she made up her mind after getting to know you during dinner. The kiss was a last ditch attempt to dredge up any sense of attraction, but she just couldn't overcome her aversion, so she kindly let you know it wasn't going to work out.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:43 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Not only was it her real reason, but I'm guessing she knew she would be sending that text before that date even started.
Well, maybe not before the date even started, but she probably knew within the first ten minutes.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:45 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
you think she just played me for a free dinner?
More or less, absolutely. The free dinner was just part of it though. You were a diversion to her, a way for her to spend an evening talking about how awesome she is in her 65k vehicle (if you were actually in the vehicle when she said this the vehicle should have spoken for itself, agree?) and how she likes refined things, blah blah. She's 17 years older than you, so she's got that much more time and experience on you. She played you because she knew you could be played. She probably felt good about herself for being able to attract a younger man, but she had no interest in you aside from appeasing her own ego.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:07 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
Quote:
You are all right, I shouldn't freak out over one date. And yeah, if she wasn't that hot, I probably wouldn't be too bothered about it....i have to admit that is probably true.

I just don't get why you would meet a 25 year old in the first place anyways.

She appears to be a cougar player and you got played. She got what she wanted out of you/the date. Get over it. Move on.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:10 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
She appears to be a cougar player and you got played. She got what she wanted out of you/the date. Get over it. Move on.

Why does everyone overthink like this?

As they say, keep is simple, stupid... the most reasonable answer is she just wasn't that into you after one date to have another. Simple. That is the case with most dates no matter what the age or age difference.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:15 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

As they say, keep is simple, stupid... the most reasonable answer is she just wasn't that into you after one date to have another. Simple. That is the case with most dates no matter what the age or age difference.
I wish I had blinders on too

Old 01-29-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
I wish I had blinders on too

You do, you're young. It comes with the territory.

Most adults don't even give this crud a second thought. Most dates don't end up in a connection, they just move on to the next one and don't give it a second thought.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:27 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

As they say, keep it simple, stupid...What is wrong with a cougar player? All of us are who we are so ...
Pretty simple to me.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:30 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
As they say, keep it simple, stupid...What is wrong with a cougar player? All of us are who we are so ...
Pretty simple to me.
In his rose colored world, all women are very nice people without selfish agendas.

There are many many wonderful respectful women in this world. There are also many horrible women, just like men. There are a number of reasons a date can go south. No mutual interest is certainly one, but there are a number of cases where that could never even be the reason.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
In his rose colored world, all women are very nice people without selfish agendas.

There are many many wonderful respectful women in this world. There are also many horrible women, just like men. There are a number of reasons a date can go south. No mutual interest is certainly one, but there are a number of cases where that could never even be the reason.

The overwhelming reason things don't work is because of lack of mutual interest. As someone that says they have experience with women, surely you've figured that out, if what you say is true.

Perhaps it was something else, but why does it even matter? That is the entire point. It doesn't matter. There is no reason to give it any other thought. It didn't work out. Next date.

It really is simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships