Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 07:01 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,329 times

Advertisements

Guys, I need your help. I think we all need your help in understanding you, the male species.

Women show their love one way and guys another way. Sometimes women don't feel loved by you because they expect you to show them your love THEIR way (the way they would show you). So tell us, how do YOU, male species show that you care for someone? Or that you are in love? What are the signs?

Or maybe the point is that you hide it and we are supposed to guess? Or are there signs?

What are the things a woman does that would make you like her?

What are the things a woman does that make you NOT like her?

How to keep you around, make sure you're not bothered or bored or looking somewhere else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 07:16 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
You do know there as many answers for each of those questions, as there are men in the world?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-29-2014, 07:17 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Simple: no drama, a lot of bj's and sex.

Oh, feed us, too

Old 01-29-2014, 07:19 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,544 times
for starters if you dont feel loved, it is your responsibility to communicate that to your S/O. If you are trying to get the attention of a guy and feel the need to behave a certain way for him to notice....then he isnt the one for you.

Things women (men) do that would make you like them? Care...show genuine interest on more than a physical level. If there is a spark or chemistry there...the rest as they say...is history.

Things women (men) do that would make you NOT like them? Pretend to care, or care for the wrong reasons...until the act gets old, and then the real personality shows up....dumping, break up, etc gets introduced at this point.

How to keep a man (woman) around, interested...? That's a mutual effort. The desire to be with the person must be equal and reinforced by things other than physical attraction.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:27 PM

n/a posts
Five love languages...
Women usually show love with good words, acts of service..
Men prefer time, touch, gifts..

But that's the stereotype..

I tend to show love with time and acts of service..just what I end up doing. I imagine all combos are prevalent. Even "all five" types...which I guess I should work on becoming...only problem, no girl!

I don't like gifts...idk
Good words are...good. I like to talk, and listen.
Touch...yes, please!
Time...I kinda like people who will always make time for me.
Acts of service? Yes and no. Depends on the act.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:31 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Simple: no drama, a lot of bj's and sex.

Oh, feed us, too
LoL...hmmm gues Grandma was partially right...a way to a man's heart is through his stomach

Old 01-29-2014, 07:35 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
The way to a man's heart is below the solar plexus, up, and to the right.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-29-2014, 07:35 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
Guys, I need your help. I think we all need your help in understanding you, the male species.

Women show their love one way and guys another way. Sometimes women don't feel loved by you because they expect you to show them your love THEIR way (the way they would show you). So tell us, how do YOU, male species show that you care for someone? Or that you are in love? What are the signs?

Or maybe the point is that you hide it and we are supposed to guess? Or are there signs?

What are the things a woman does that would make you like her?

What are the things a woman does that make you NOT like her?

How to keep you around, make sure you're not bothered or bored or looking somewhere else?
For this crowd, all you need to do is stand still and twirl your hair when they "approach". A lot of these young men are so intimidated by women, they couldn't handle anything else.

But if you get one of the more advanced models, offer to go dutch on most dates. They are a little confused and more vulnerable than you think. They're afraid you're only out for their money.

Oh, and one very important thing if you manage to catch and keep one of these specimens: never ever admit to having sex with more than three guys in your life. EVER. If you do, their egos will shatter and they call you terrible names.

Last edited by ellie; 01-29-2014 at 07:55 PM..

Old 01-29-2014, 07:36 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconess View Post
LoL...hmmm gues Grandma was partially right...a way to a man's heart is through his stomach
It definitely does not hurt.

Sort of along the lines of that old saying, "No man was ever shot while doing the dishes."

Old 01-29-2014, 07:38 PM

13,650 posts, read 9,708,585 times
#1 Would be the creation of a sincere understanding that the man should feel himself at ease, that dating isn't shopping or a quest or a comedy-show. If men are in incessant struggle to make an impression and to prove their worth, dating devolves to a show, a contrived ritual of feints and parries. This quickly saps the man's enthusiasm and his capacity for genuine affection.

If we are to fulfill the promise of gender equality, the dating dynamic must become more symmetric. I don't believe that we should relinquish the basic emotional differences between men and women. This would be vain and counterproductive. But we can and should revise our social code, so that it is no longer the case that men plead their case and women evaluate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships