Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 06:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Well, at least she can change being fat, being short on the other hand... well, that's a taboo topic around here.
It doesn't really matter what people can change or can't change. Bottom line is that she's too fat for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 08:26 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Better make sure its not buttered or salted....
You mean , other than caramel, there's another way to eat popcorn?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddev1l View Post
My GF knows that I value being in shape so yes her weight gain is having a very adverse effect. In addition I find certain things a turn-on such as heels etc this is pretty consistent with many other guys but she will not even make any attempt to please me in that area!

She is 5'2 and I am 5'7, last time she wore 3" heels all she complained about was how she was towering over me (completely untrue) and could see the top of my head etc which was quite insulting to me... the fact is that I was wearing flat shoes and still had 1 or 2 inches on her... but she had to insult me anyway!

Kick her to the curb then. If you are having that many problems, and your parents don't like her either, then why stay miserable?

Old 01-31-2014, 08:34 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Just be honest and direct with her man. 5'2 190 isn't slightly overweight.... that is obese.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:59 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
If this adversely affected your attraction to your partner would you have a frank conversation about it?
Yes absolutely. If you can not have a frank conversation about personal health and sexual attraction with your own love partner - then who can you? I would absolutely raise my concerns in a clear and frank manner with my partners if something like this were to become an issue.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:11 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
How would you approach weight gain by your partner. Say your partner was borderline overweight when you met them and now is quite overweight... they are in denial when you drop hints and say they are going to the gym etc. but continue to snack and eat bad, not making any progress on the weight. They also get stressed easily and resort to food to de-stress.

If this adversely affected your attraction to your partner would you have a frank conversation about it? If so how would that conversation go and how direct would you be? What if they blame their weight gain on you... saying that you should've been more encouraging to them to lose weight?

Or is it something that you either accept or break up? Would you break up with your partner (if you were not already married) if your attraction dropped due to their weight gain or would you continue regardless... knowing that in the future they could become even heavier?
Yes, be frank. Just say that the weight gain is turning you off sexually and that something needs to change if the relationship is going to survive. Do NOT feed them any sweet-sounding nonsense, like you are just concerned about their health, blah, blah, blah . That kind of stuff is 100% rubbish, and people know it is rubbish when they hear it.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:53 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
I'd leave him once I saw him starting to gain. I see no reason to stick with a guy especially in matters of my attraction when seemingly most would leave/cheat the second they aren't getting as much sex as they want.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:54 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Just leave without so much as giving your partner the chance to reverse the process or change their life style?

I can not imagine having a love for someone that fickle myself.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM

79 posts, read 139,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Yes, be frank. Just say that the weight gain is turning you off sexually and that something needs to change if the relationship is going to survive. Do NOT feed them any sweet-sounding nonsense, like you are just concerned about their health, blah, blah, blah . That kind of stuff is 100% rubbish, and people know it is rubbish when they hear it.
I understand this but in the past she has said that there were jerks that did not date her because of her weight. Well, guess what... if I bring it up then what does that make me in her eyes? Using her previous statement I guess she will see me as a jerk then for conditionally being with her only based on her weight? If I lose her respect then I guess that will come back to haunt me.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:05 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,088 times
I would never get with anyone who was borderline overweight...

How will my wife be able to teach my children self control if she has none herself. Besides, why would I marry a woman who doesn't keep fit? Fatty's like to spread this propaganda that only fat women or average girls have personalities that are good. Nonsense! I know plenty of beautiful fit women with great personalities.

I don't buy this whole fat is beautiful garbage...We ought to apply heavy healthcare taxes on people above a certain BMI.

With that said if my wife got fat I would let her know its a big problem for me. I keep myself fit so she better keep her damn self fit.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:15 AM

830 posts, read 1,665,690 times
This issue bothers some people but it doesn't bother me.

Life is looooonnnggg.... If I expected my spouse to look like he did when we married I'd be stupid. No two ways about it.

It's been five years and already he looks quite different. Most would say I look really different too, but I refuse to believe that.

If two people can't handle each others' ups and downs (weight and otherwise) then they need to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships