Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 12:18 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Lol I did too. But chances are there are people who would do the same thing as him-leave a bf or gf after they lost attraction but blame it on something else.
So let me get this straight you attack me for being upfront about it and then attack me for sparing her feelings? If I am leaving her shouldn't I at least spare her?

Also to the guy who insists that self control doesn't have anything to obesity. I only have one thing to say...Calories in...calories out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 12:29 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,000,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
I'm not a monster, and if I married her, I loved her.

I'll rephrase. If she gets lazy and makes excuses because she doesn't feel the need to be attractive because she's married, or whatever her reasoning, I don't have much of a tolerance for it.

If she develops a medical issue, I am there for her. Better? I may come off a bit shallow, but believe me, I'm not as much as you think.
I was better to start with... which is why I said I wasn't attacking with quoting the post. It was a good example for me to piggy back off of in relation to other posts and the direction the thread was in general.

I meant no direct or implied accusation that you were a monster.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:33 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,000,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
So let me get this straight you attack me for being upfront about it and then attack me for sparing her feelings? If I am leaving her shouldn't I at least spare her?

Also to the guy who insists that self control doesn't have anything to obesity. I only have one thing to say...Calories in...calories out.
Way to dismiss a whole medical field's research into a much more convenient talking point.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:35 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,022 times
Quote:
Problem is I have to pay higher insurance premiums because of the fatties and have to endure this fat is beautiful bull****.

"Honey, have you looked in the mirror lately?

no?

Offcourse not!

You look like the damn water buffalo I just saw on national geographic.

Why don't drop that bread and butter and get your fat buffalo ass in the gym"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
I literally laughed out loud.
Lol I did too. But chances are there are people who would do the same thing as him-leave a bf or gf after they lost attraction but blame it on something else.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:12 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,996,892 times
Quote:

I'm assuming you're talking to me, even though this is not what I said. What I said is that your assumption that all overweight people are so because of a lack of self control is flawed and went on to say that the reasons for someone being overweight are as varied as the people themselves. Implied within that is the acknowledgement that some indeed are overweight due to a lack of self control, but that is certainly not the case for all of them, probably not a majority of them even. My apologies for assuming you'd be able to read that deep into my argument, I should have known better.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:35 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I'm assuming you're talking to me, even though this is not what I said. What I said is that your assumption that all overweight people are so because of a lack of self control is flawed and went on to say that the reasons for someone being overweight are as varied as the people themselves. Implied within that is the acknowledgement that some indeed are overweight due to a lack of self control, but that is certainly not the case for all of them, probably not a majority of them even. My apologies for assuming you'd be able to read that deep into my argument, I should have known better.
Cute...You seem to have a crush on me.

For you...

The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me - YouTube

Old 01-31-2014, 02:18 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,022 times
Quote:

Ha I'm not attacking you at all. Matter of fact I've not countered anything you've said thus far. It's been incredibly amusing. And honest. And truthful when I think of people who had your mindset and left a so they were not attracted to anymore and disguised the reasons as to why they did it.

I've found you and rational males comments funny, honest, and pretty realistic for good amount of people.

That's not to say that I've agreed with everything you said. I find weight a very complex matter--not everyone accumulates weight in the same way, has the same genes, metabolism, body frame, healthy issues, disorder, emotional problems, life circumstances, etc. I don't Iike to try to examine why some people might gain weight, struggle with it, etc. I just know what my own lifestyle is and what I'm physically attracted to and beyond acknowledging Im not attracted to overweight men, I have no other real judgement.

I don't think you or lnowftball are wrong you both are just different. And it's okay.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,996,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Ha I'm not attacking you at all. Matter of fact I've not countered anything you've said thus far. It's been incredibly amusing. And honest. And truthful when I think of people who had your mindset and left a so they were not attracted to anymore and disguised the reasons as to why they did it.

I've found you and rational males comments funny, honest, and pretty realistic for good amount of people.

That's not to say that I've agreed with everything you said. I find weight a very complex matter--not everyone accumulates weight in the same way, has the same genes, metabolism, body frame, healthy issues, disorder, emotional problems, life circumstances, etc. I don't Iike to try to examine why some people might gain weight, struggle with it, etc. I just know what my own lifestyle is and what I'm physically attracted to and beyond acknowledging Im not attracted to overweight men, I have no other real judgement.

I don't think you or lnowftball are wrong you both are just different. And it's okay.
I think this is a very reasonable position. A lack of interest or no desire to know more is not the same thing as having a closed mind to the complexity of the issue.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:34 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
If someone is dedicated to an unhealthy lifestyle (overweight or not), dump them.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:37 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
I wouldn't get with my SIL.

Why not? She is smoking hot, a triathlete, and generally eats well. She has lots of money and is an executive in a big firm. Why not?

Because she is an alcoholic.

Whatever the bad behavior, move on, op.
You can't want something for someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships