Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 07:37 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,686,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
------"How do I know for sure HE didn't go out and have sex ?"

Oldest trick in the book !

Justify your actions by insinuating HE is just as guilty.
Which is a lame cop out. Very lame.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:43 AM

757 posts, read 1,101,102 times
If you tell him, don't expect him to stay with you. No self respecting man would stay with someone like you.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:04 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,138,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
This may relate to both genders, but from a mans point of view, if your woman requests a break, you should absolutely refuse it. Here is the reason for that. If a woman requests taking a break, it means she is willing to lose you. If she is willing to lose you, it means that regardless of plan As existence, you are now her plan B guy, no matter what. A woman who respects her man and looks up to him, would never act this way and would never chance losing him. And if she doesn't respect you as a man, then you are simply wasting your time. Be smart guys, know what youre dealing with. Everyone needs their alone time and an opportunity to sort out their thoughts, feelings, emotions etc etc. But when you are in a relationship and an issue comes up, you should turn to your SO in order to solve it, not away from them. In 99% of the cases, when a woman asks for a break, what she is really saying is that she wants to see her options and give herself ability to justify her immoral behavior if an opportunity presents itself. In most cases, they have dudes lined up before they even request a break. That is reality.
100% true. I met my first love when I was 17. We dated for about 2 years and I thought we would be together forever. She was really hot and as a result, I was extremely jealous (I was young). At some point, she told me she wanted a break and I refused and told her I wanted all or nothing so I got nothing.

It destroyed me at the time but it was the right thing to do. She did already have someone else lined up and they are still together. I am so glad we broke up as I met my beautiful wife a year later. Her leaving me solved any jealousy issues that I had so everyone won in the end.

If I ever saw her today (not likely) I would thank her.

Edit: wow, I just realized that she broke up with me 27 years ago today! Time flies...

Last edited by Cardiff Giant; 02-02-2014 at 08:13 AM..

Old 02-02-2014, 08:07 AM
hvl

403 posts, read 550,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
No the one thing that DOES matter is her lack of trust in her own boyfriend. Her choice to believe second and third hand information over her own boyfriends word.

The other thing that DOES matter is her wish to get back with her boyfriend as a consolation prize. Her wish to only be with him now because Guy2 does not actually want her.

She needs to explore her trust issues. She needs to explore why she wants to be with a guy who she is only being with because the other guy rejected her.

She does NOT need to explore - or feel guilty about - having sex with a guy while she was single. There is nothing wrong with single people having sex with who they want.
monumentus,
your understanding of "taking a break from a relationship" is quite peculiar.
Most people think of "taking a break" as putting the relationship in a special status, temporarily.
It usually means that we're not going to see each other and hang out, for some period of time.
If taking a break meant the same thing as breaking up, why do we differentiate between taking a break and breaking up ?

Being on a break from a relationship, especially if the break is really short, is something halfway between being single and being in a relationship in an ordinary way.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:17 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,634,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
This is exactly why men don't trust women.

I highly doubt that considering it seems history suggests guys didn't trust gals long before gals had the option of freedom in relationship choice instead of arrangements. Gals seemed to have almost always been portrayed as untrustworthy or the reason for downfall ala the Bible and Eve with the snake.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
The rationalizations in this thread to absolve the op of responsibility are comical
Responsibility of what? Telling her sexual history while she was on single/on a break?

Old 02-02-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
The rationalizations in this thread to absolve the op of responsibility are comical
The double standard in society is just as comical. If it were man who did this he's a dog, but since it's a woman her being her gullibility and the "confusion" she felt justifies the whole thing.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
The double standard in society is just as comical. If it were man who did this he's a dog, but since it's a woman her being her gullibility and the "confusion" she felt justifies the whole thing.
I highly doubt this is a double standard in society as it seems more like it's a difference of what being on break means especially when there seem to only be two or three posters who don't see that she did anything wrong while the majority do see she did something wrong and quite a few proceeded to insult her. But yeah continue on with the oh-the-poor-menz.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I highly doubt this is a double standard in society as it seems more like it's a difference of what being on break means especially when there seem to only be two or three posters who don't see that she did anything wrong while the majority do see she did something wrong and quite a few proceeded to insult her. But yeah continue on with the oh-the-poor-menz.
Just saying it like it is

Old 02-02-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Just saying it like it is
But you're not... and this thread even shows you're not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.