Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 10:39 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Well it doesn't stay on long.....

Clever....

Also add clever to my list...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 10:40 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Also forgot to add on my list NO PENIS!

I don't like a penis on my woman.
If she has a penis, she's not a woman. I hope you aren't confused by this!

Old 01-31-2014, 10:45 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Gotta have that nurturing side to her that just seems so lost on your typical twenty something
Look for your atypical 20-somethings. That's where it's at. But you've gotta talk to 'em to get to know 'em that deep, not just f*** 'em, dude.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
If she has a penis, she's not a woman. I hope you aren't confused by this!

You sure brah...this one broad told me....

Old 01-31-2014, 10:51 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Look for your atypical 20-somethings. That's where it's at. But you've gotta talk to 'em to get to know 'em that deep, not just f*** 'em, dude.
My girlfriend is an atypical twenty something. Thanks for the advice though, dude.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:54 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
I have a lot of "strong preferences" but I think the list of "requirements" is pretty short.

1) Logical thinker. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, makes my relationships go more smoothly than being able to express something that's bothering you with reasoning/explanation vs. "because I don't like it".

2) Independent/confident. Take initiative, don't just sit around and wait for me to do things.

3) Likes animals. I will have animals. Even "I tolerate animals" won't cut it. Non-negotiable.

4) Tolerant of conflicting views, especially regarding "sensitive topics" (politics, religion, etc.) I have some very strong views on these topics. It doesn't bother me if you disagree, as long as it doesn't bother you that I disagree. In fact, I really enjoy having mature debates/conversations about it. But at the end of the day, we may still believe different things. Sometimes this can relate to #1.

This list has become more strict as I've gotten older. In fact, it used to be pretty much narrowed down to "will let me have sex with her". I've become a lot more particular since then.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
My girlfriend is an atypical twenty something. Thanks for the advice though, dude.
My life plan...

mess around till 30

Meet twenty something girl...date for 3-4 years
engaged for a year...

PITTB for a few years and then have kids timed perfectly so that when they turn 18 I will likely be dead and wont have to pay their tuitions.

Kind of joking about the last part but considering it

Old 01-31-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
My life plan...

mess around till 30

Meet twenty something girl...date for 3-4 years
engaged for a year...

PITTB for a few years and then have kids timed perfectly so that when they turn 18 I will likely be dead and wont have to pay their tuitions.

Kind of joking about the last part but considering it
I've messed around pretty hard, I'm 26 now. My resume is solid lol. When I met my girl I didn't plan on having a girlfriend, kinda in the same boat wanting to wait till 30, but she was just light years beyond the bar tarts and selfish entitled chicks running around I figured I'd give it a shot. Not engaged nor plan to be for sometime, but I'm happy with just her.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I've messed around pretty hard, I'm 26 now. My resume is solid lol. When I met my girl I didn't plan on having a girlfriend, kinda in the same boat wanting to wait till 30, but she was just light years beyond the bar tarts and selfish entitled chicks running around I figured I'd give it a shot. Not engaged nor plan to be for sometime, but I'm happy with just her.
Nice, I had a feeling from your posts you were doing well in that department. Game knows game!

If I did meet an awesome chick I wouldn't obviously pass them by just because of life planning. But I would certainly not marry her until I am past my 20's.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Nice, I had a feeling from your posts you were doing well in that department. Game knows game!

If I did meet an awesome chick I wouldn't obviously pass them by just because of life planning. But I would certainly not marry her until I am past my 20's.
Too much truth here brotha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships