Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 02:46 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,180,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
I agree with this. Truth is, neither gender can truly understand what it's like being the other 100% as well as all the trials and tribulations each go through. Why we keep trying I'll never understand.
No any two anybodies can truly understand another person completely.
Quote:
*sigh* I wonder if the whole "battle of the sexes" will ever end?
As soon as we all give up trying to win it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 02:48 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I would say that most couples who are emotionally mature embrace the differences and don't see it as a battle of the sexes.
Yeah, approaching any interpersonal/intergender difficulties and issues as a "battle" from the outset just sets people up for contention. It does more harm than good in the long run.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:50 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,180,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, approaching any interpersonal/intergender difficulties and issues as a "battle" from the outset just sets people up for contention. It does more harm than good in the long run.
I would go so far as to say that approaching interpersonal difficulties AS inter-gender is likely to lead to problems, confusion and missteps compared to dealing with them as straight interpersonal.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:50 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,577,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You don't understand why we keep trying? If we're going to be in relationship (successfully), what choice do we have? Understanding each other deepens intimacy. That's also how you resolve the "battle of the sexes", by developing empathy and understanding for the other side.
You misunderstand, or perhaps I didn't clarify enough. Of course it's important to try to understand things from the others view point, but there comes a point where we just have to accept that we can't FULLY understand what it's like to be a man/woman and be content on certain things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I would say that most couples who are emotionally mature embrace the differences and don't see it as a battle of the sexes.
I agree, but by and large people DO view it that way, which is disheartening.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:54 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,407,600 times
ha well, of course the most undeserving women get great men. What else is new? The kind of crud that makes me lose faith in the goodness of man kind. carry on.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:56 PM

219 posts, read 436,010 times
My impression was that more chicas are into the equality deal these days, real equality. I don't see many who try to mooch. Maybe it's a regional thing? Bay Area's pretty cool that way. So's CO. Those free-ride girls are like dinosaurs, man, they're a dying breed. Ignore them and move on.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:40 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I am in a "traditional" marriage insomuch as I am the sole income earner while my wife is a SAHM. But I also contribute at home by doing some cleaning, cooking, etc. I actually like cooking amd my wife and I enjoy doing it together. I also do a lot of food prep on the grill/smoker, so when I'm doing that my wife is freed up to not have to cook. As for household work, we gauge each other's stress level and divide work accordingly. I clean the kitchen as often as she does. Why? Because anyone who thinks being a SAHM is easy is a dumba$$ who probably doesn't have kids of his own.

Consider this: I go to work and when my work day is over I come home. But my wife's work day technically never ends. This is why it doesn't bother me to help out around the house. She needs a break too. I know a few men who also are in traditional marriages but they don't help out around their homes at all. Not surprisingly their wives are in a constant state of dissatisfaction. Most of these women are friends of my wife (meaning I'm not close friends with the husbands). I think guys who do it like this run the risk of their wives getting fed up and leaving them, and if it happened I can't say I blame them.

Men on this very thread have criticized women who beleive sex is all they should have to contribute to the relationship. On a similar note, there are a lot of men who believe a paycheck is all they should have to contribute, and expect everything else to be done for them, AND when the dust settles on the day for their wives to be willing partners.

Yeah, good luck with that.
Funny how you decided to turn this into a "boy, you other men sure do suck post". This is about the OP's friend and his "princess" GF who didn't do anything your wife does as SAHW. I know it's hard for you to admit but some women just suck.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:03 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Funny how you decided to turn this into a "boy, you other men sure do suck post". This is about the OP's friend and his "princess" GF who didn't do anything your wife does as SAHW. I know it's hard for you to admit but some women just suck.
What's hard to do is feel sympathy for a man would willingly get into a serious relationship with a selfish, sucky woman and then whine about it to his friends.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:05 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What's hard to believe is that a man would willingly get into a serious relationship with a selfish, sucky woman and then whine about it to his friends.
Oh I hear about it a lot. Guys getting with a girl because either she's hot or a demon in the sack.

I just laugh about it.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:06 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,577,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What's hard to do is feel sympathy for a man would willingly get into a serious relationship with a selfish, sucky woman and then whine about it to his friends.
lol true, right? Funny how guys complain about us women being "emotional" yet so often when an attractive woman is in the mix it's as if all higher brain function stops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships