Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 12:44 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Do any of you watch the Superbowl with your SO and make it a special occasion, just for the fun of it?

I'm not a sports fan and my husband is, but last night I asked him if he wanted to have a Superbowl party, just for us, and he said "no".

He said there are too many commercials and it would drive him crazy. I told him that the commercials are my favorite part...

So I asked if we could just make a bunch of Superbowl food for dinner and pretend we're having a party together. He sort of rolled his eyes and sighed. Taking that as a bit of success, I enthusiastically started on my proposed menu that included dip (yeah, you have to have dip) and maybe some wings!

He sighed deeply again and told me that wings are unhealthy. I asked him how. He said he didn't know, but he saw it on the internet and didn't feel like reading it, but they're unhealthy.

So we're having dip for dinner on Sunday and watching the Superbowl in different rooms. Fun city.
What a kill-joy he is!

My wife enjoys football and I am a huge fan. So you bet we are having a party! Last year we threw a big party, had family and friends over, etc. This year it is more subdued, just some extra family, but still plenty fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 12:47 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
He's sometimes an awful pill. I didn't realize it sounded so bad till I wrote it out. There's not much I can do about him.
You could certainly address how rude he is, if this is typical of his standard treatment.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:47 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
I am actually going to disagree a little here. You "offered" to do somethign that he did not want to do and feed him something he did not want to eat. How is that awesome?

Old 01-31-2014, 12:55 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I am actually going to disagree a little here. You "offered" to do somethign that he did not want to do and feed him something he did not want to eat. How is that awesome?
Yep, sometimes we just have to accept that our partners aren't into frivolity. I think he's just depressed and I'm used to it.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
It sounds more like he rejected the notion of trying to have a little fun with her while watching something they both intend to watch anyway. He may have not wanted a huge food spread, but I am sure he is going to eat something on Sunday and could have made a suggestion...

Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Yep, sometimes we just have to accept that our partners aren't into frivolity. I think he's just depressed and I'm used to it.
I don't get it. He TOLD you what he wasn't into. Commercials and chicken wings.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:10 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Didn't she say he's watching the game ANYway, just not with her, in a different room? How is that anything but a dick move? OP, if this is typical behavior, address it.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I don't get it. He TOLD you what he wasn't into. Commercials and chicken wings.
Sounds like the two of you are cut out of the same piece of cloth. It's perfectly okay, really.

I'd rather watch Downton and Sherlock anyway.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Didn't she say he's watching the game ANYway, just not with her, in a different room? How is that anything but a dick move? OP, if this is typical behavior, address it.
There's no telling if he'll watch it or simply record it to watch later so he can fast forward through the commercials.

And as I said, I'll watch PBS and eat my chips and dips.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:19 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,941 times
My boyfriend and I are big football fans. I think we'd only choose not to watch the Super Bowl if the Patriots and Cowboys were playing each other.

We're not having a party because I barely know anyone in town, and the people I do know are rooting for the Seahawks. But if we did decide to have a party, I know he'd be fine with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships