Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who pays for the date?
Whoever asked. 34 45.33%
The man always pays. 25 33.33%
The woman always pays. 2 2.67%
We split it. 12 16.00%
I don't go on dates that cost money, so no one. 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 06:10 AM

639 posts, read 678,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Who pays?
Most of the boys pays for the dates. But some time some age girls are there who paid for fun and to make interelationship with the younger guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 06:21 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,414 times
I buy every time. Life is to short to waste on worrying about it. And no, she owes me nothing which is the only way I'll have it. I hate it when they try and go quid pro quo.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:05 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Who wouldn't want this?

To have everything given to them.

Any woman who expects a guy to pay for everything is nothing more than a lazy parasite.

**I am not including a stay at home mom in this**
A lot of people. It is nice sometimes to have someone treat you or give you a gift but IMO it feels even better when you can do for someone else.

Its like why work if someone will pay your bills. Because it makes you feel like a lazy parasite. Some people, women too, have a little pride.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
keep in mind that many women come to expect that because all the men they have dated have insisted on it. its not about entitelment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's fairly common. It's funny how some guys are blaming women for feeling entitled or greedy or whatever for not paying on dates, but they should put as much blame on their fellow men who grab the check and insist on paying.
I was thinking about this and there are very good points. The men started it. Men taking women out on dates is just men competing with other men for the affections of women. Its who can out wine and out dine just like males of other species uses their brilliant colors, beautiful song, dance, strength or even building abilities in competition to seduce and win over the females.

Some men are willing, even happy, to engage in this competition. If your a man that cant or wont compete, don't blame us women, blame your competitors.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:42 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Just look on the sunny side. You may have to invest financially in a number of fist dates but when you find the one you will be more than financially reimbursed over the course of your life with her earnings and other contributions to establishing a nice home and family.
I don't agree with this. If you really wanted to, we could to go DM about it, but I honestly think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Quote:
Men taking women out on dates is just men competing with other men for the affections of women. Its who can out wine and out dine just like males of other species uses their brilliant colors, beautiful song, dance, strength or even building abilities in competition to seduce and win over the females.

Some men are willing, even happy, to engage in this competition. If your a man that cant or wont compete, don't blame us women, blame your competitors.
Now THIS, I totally agree with. It's something I lament very strongly, but it's currently the way of the world, so to speak. The same could be said about many things that women complain about. The ladies will be able to come up with more examples than I can, but I'm sure there are tons of things that suck for women, but they generally have to do in order to keep up in competition with other women.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:12 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
There's no hard-and-fast rule. I've paid, he's paid or we've split. It has varied. Some men have been surprised when I have paid, and one was disappointed that I paid for part of the date (movie tickets).

Old 02-06-2014, 08:40 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
I was thinking about this and there are very good points. The men started it. Men taking women out on dates is just men competing with other men for the affections of women. Its who can out wine and out dine just like males of other species uses their brilliant colors, beautiful song, dance, strength or even building abilities in competition to seduce and win over the females.

I agree, the guys that bend over backwards for women are idiots. Any guy who lets a woman use him like that is in for a surprise when at the end of the day she just leaves him for someone else.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:58 AM

[quote=Hivemind31;33351638]
Quote:
I don't agree with this. If you really wanted to, we could to go DM about it,
but I honestly think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
That was more or less a joke.

Quote:
Now THIS, I totally agree with. It's something I lament very strongly, but it's
currently the way of the world, so to speak. The same could be said about many
things that women complain about. The ladies will be able to come up with more
examples than I can, but I'm sure there are tons of things that suck for women,
but they generally have to do in order to keep up in competition with other
women.
Its similar to women who compete with each other in the looks department. They put all that time and energy into their hair, make-up, nails, clothes, weight and their sexuality to get the attention of men. At one time even their cooking ability was a competition to attract men.

So unless you were born a 10, you have to starve, wear tight fitting, revealing, uncomfortable, impractical clothing, spend excessive time and money styling, coloring and fluffing your hair, have this surgically lifted, that sucked and tucked and those enlarged just to look better than the next woman and hopefully catch a man's eye.

So both genders are equally stupid.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:24 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Men emptying their wallets for women. Women competing in the looks and weight department or doing most or all of the house chores. Men/Women being equally dumb like others have already said. Like other guys around here, gender entitlement doesn’t go with me.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:02 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
I picked "whoever asked" because that's my assumption in a more advanced relationship (you've been dating for a while). But I could go with splinting it if both people kind of agreed to it/or you are dating someone new (first date for example). But the reality is, about half the men I've dated pay and some are very insistent on it. My personal take on it is I am prepared to pay for the whole thing, I offer to pay when the bill comes, and be politely thankful if he pays the whole thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships