Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 11:23 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You can also read the lyrics as being about the music industry / media / listening public.
It works both ways, which is what I found to be interesting also.

We are all wh7res to some to degree, if we want to stretch the definition out, we go to work and "wh7re" ourselves out to the "man"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 12:11 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhound View Post

i suppose it is swinging...

The pendulum, that is......
darn !!!

Old 02-01-2014, 12:39 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I listen to old, new, and everything in between.

Something about the lyric, "You love me for everything you hate me for" just stuck out in my mind.

I suppose it's obvious, but there's a lot of truth in that statement. Just in the sense that some men want both and get angry about it.

I've strode for the middle ground, some kind of balance.
I can see it being about balance, I suppose.

It's like that phrase....

Men want a lady in the living room, a cook in the kitchen & a wh*re in the bedroom......

If he's faithful, loving & good to me then I can do that, lol

Old 02-03-2014, 08:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I think you need to stop listening to chit music. I only watched a few minutes and thought creepy chit.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:36 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,868 times
As a guy, I prefer the proverbial Madonna...the full-package angel (including in the bedroom) is extremely desirable to me, personally As far as why it is that way for me on an emotional level, tbh, I'm not really sure; I've just pretty much always been like this, in terms of being attracted to the Madonna archetype...the opposite archetype is just not attractive, to me.

I respectfully and politely present the following song below as a potential madonna-directed equivalent of the song listed in the original post

Old 02-04-2014, 08:04 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I think you need to stop listening to chit music. I only watched a few minutes and thought creepy chit.
Well...

I listen to everything from Frank Sinatra, to George Straight, to Massive Attack, Slipknot. Even manage to sneak in some world music from time to time.

I suppose in those swings there will be some "chit" music mixed in. Yeah, that vid was creepy, I was more intrigued with the lyrical content more so than the video.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well...

I listen to everything from Frank Sinatra, to George Straight, to Massive Attack, Slipknot. Even manage to sneak in some world music from time to time.

I suppose in those swings there will be some "chit" music mixed in. Yeah, that vid was creepy, I was more intrigued with the lyrical content more so than the video.
I understand, but videos are art protraying what the song means. It's messed up.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:22 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Thanks for getting me hooked on that song!

Old 02-04-2014, 02:45 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
As a guy, I prefer the proverbial Madonna...the full-package angel (including in the bedroom) is extremely desirable to me, personally

You realize that a "Madonna" in the bedroom means you aren't having sex with her, right?

Old 02-04-2014, 09:48 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
You realize that a "Madonna" in the bedroom means you aren't having sex with her, right?
Do you mean intimacy after something like a permanent commitment such as marriage? Or intimacy, as in absolutely never, under any circumstances? I guess when I had made the bedroom-related comment earlier, I had been thinking of in the hypothetical context of where the Madonna archetype would feel comfortable or ready for an appropriate level of intimacy that she also felt mutually-comfortable with, such as a marriage and similar type of permanent relationship, etc. I've never been "in the bedroom" like that before myself though, so tbh I wouldn't really know myself, either way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships