U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 04:45 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,063 posts, read 3,180,495 times
....and here is my official opinion on marrying young....

or old....or at all.

I must be from a different school of thought; mind you not religious, but chronically and severely spiritual.

I don't think it's your age that matters, it's finding that soul you've known your entire existence.

This isn't some sort of consumerism...we aren't out there looking for the "best deal," no matter what age.

I think this is a journey and if you cross that paths with your mate at 18 or 52, the most important thing is that you crossed.

Which reminds me.

ATTENTION BRAWNY(TM) MAN CURRENTLY LIVING IN NORTHERN MICHIGAN!!!
Thank you for being very patient while waiting for me to arrive in your life. My work here in Indiana is almost finished and then I'll be on my way. If you'd like to get a head start, there is 6 acres for sale on Betsie Bay. Love you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 05:28 AM

14,937 posts, read 6,897,551 times
MainStreet ... I can't stop laughing! I didn't take a drink of coffee with that one!

Old 12-02-2007, 05:42 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,063 posts, read 3,180,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
MainStreet ... I can't stop laughing! I didn't take a drink of coffee with that one!
Thanks! I try....I'm currently at work and the phone hasn't rang (or is it rung?) in 90 minutes.

I'm happy it's Sunday....the only day of the week that my fantasy husband, Peyton Manning, is on TV, live.

Dear Peyton, (in the voice of Sally Brown writing Santa.)

I love you. You are so cute. Do you like French onion soup?

Why did you marry so young? You couldn't wait for me?

I hope you have a good game today. Think of me when you are calling your plays. SALLY ATLANTIC...SALLY ATLANTIC...HUT HUT HUT!

Only someone as sexy as you can get away with yelling things that make no sense.

Love you.

XOXO

(For the mods...I'll snap out of it here in a minute. I ate one of my mother's date bars for breakfast and I think it made me punch drunk.)

Old 12-04-2007, 10:01 PM

302 posts, read 633,318 times
Being only 23,a relative youngster, my opinion may count for very little on the subject, but still. My parents married at 18, and separated at my age. I imagine the guy I was dating at 18, and how truly miserable I would have been married to him. While I don't think there's any set appropriate age to consider marriage, I know that for me, I have way too much growing left, way to many things I want to accomplish on my own before I even consider a serious relationship, let alone a marriage.

Boy, I would have truly, TRULY been miserable with that guy. What was 18 year old me thinking???

Old 12-05-2007, 07:59 AM

2,355 posts, read 1,492,111 times
I agree to a point of marrying young. My sister and her husband got married in their early 20s, got that special time of being alone for awhile before having children, and I envy that to a point. I don't regret anything I've done in my life. I've traveled to lots of places I've yearned to visit, I went to college, and I've moved all over the US. All of this experience helped me figure out who I am, in addition to learning about what qualities I want in a future mate. Luckily the man I married turned out to be The One for me and I am glad I brought my experience into our marriage, rather than marrying him or someone else at a very young age.

I guess it's all about to each his own on that one.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:07 PM

1,729 posts, read 124,965 times
I just tried to follow a quote from mainstreet, but I guess I quoted the wrong post. Anyhow, I agree that the right time to marry is when you meet the right person. I've just always believed that there are a few soul mates out there for each of us. I truly believe I've met maybe two, so far.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:11 AM

244 posts, read 241,260 times
The average number of singles between the age of 24-54 in these cities are as follows
Specifically, the top ten in terms of number of singles are:

New York - 1.9 million
Los Angeles - 1.1 million
Chicago - 921,000
Philadelphia - 592,000
Washington, DC - 586,000
Boston - 509,000
Miami - 508,000
Dallas/Ft. Worth - 464,000
Atlanta - 458,000
Detroit - 394,000

Being 30 and single... does not mean you have some sort of defect as your post implies...Do not buy into this statement those that are single.....I don't want to end up like many people I see... I want to marry the right person the first time... and at 18, 21or 25 I personally was not ready to accept my marriage proposal....mentally I was not ready to be someones wife...My needs
in a mate where very different in the 21 to 25 range......

Old 12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
miu

12,992 posts, read 21,778,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
ATTENTION BRAWNY(TM) MAN CURRENTLY LIVING IN NORTHERN MICHIGAN!!!
Thank you for being very patient while waiting for me to arrive in your life. My work here in Indiana is almost finished and then I'll be on my way. If you'd like to get a head start, there is 6 acres for sale on Betsie Bay. Love you!
OMG , do you really have a crush on the Brawny paper towel man??? The guy in the red plaid flannel shirt? My boyfriend and I find him creepy and... we think that he is gay. The commercial struck us as very odd and our theory was that it was targeting the gay male demographic of the population. Haha!

The Brawny man on the actual paper towel wrapper looks okay to us, sort of a Paul Bunyan type. But if my boyfriend acted like the man in the commercial, I would run screaming from the house! Just something about his smile and his overly sincere look is strange, like a Stepford wife, a Cherry 2000 bot, or some guy that should be profiled by the FBI.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:57 PM

15,206 posts, read 24,835,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
OMG , do you really have a crush on the Brawny paper towel man??? The guy in the red plaid flannel shirt? My boyfriend and I find him creepy and... we think that he is gay. The commercial struck us as very odd and our theory was that it was targeting the gay male demographic of the population. Haha!

The Brawny man on the actual paper towel wrapper looks okay to us, sort of a Paul Bunyan type. But if my boyfriend acted like the man in the commercial, I would run screaming from the house! Just something about his smile and his overly sincere look is strange, like a Stepford wife, a Cherry 2000 bot, or some guy that should be profiled by the FBI.
Kinda like the Burger King guy!

Old 12-06-2007, 02:59 PM
miu

12,992 posts, read 21,778,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Kinda like the Burger King guy!
Yeah!! And to think that a couple of top ad agencies got paid big bucks to come up with those concepts. lol

And Main Street must love that tv show Men in Trees!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships