Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 02:05 PM

36,217 posts, read 30,664,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I answered question 1 extensively.

As I neither wrote or responded to any posts of the nature of 2, I have no contribution to that discussion.
Well you said you would. I would call that extensively, but I wasn't referring to you specifically. More to Ascension and Hoop. They both made the assertation that men have superior thinking thus need a man to make abortion decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 02:11 PM

36,217 posts, read 30,664,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh, that would be a no to the first, and a yes to the second.

I've never gotten anyone pregnant, but I have driven two female friends to abortions.

The last question would be a it depends. If it was a ONS I'd rather not know, but if she needed money/emotional support and wanted me to be there, I'd be there. Would be a pretty crappy thing to bail on her at that stage. I guess it really wouldn't matter. I can't imagine getting emotional over a fertilized egg / fetus. Silly stuff.

I doubt a woman after a ONS would want me there, they'd want a good friend.
Thank you for answering the questions.
I imagine your right about her not wanting a ONS there.
I'm just trying to understand why a man in a ONS or other non committed relationship would even want to know about an unwanted pregnancy/abortion unless he wanted to raise the child or felt a need to be there with her thru the abortion. If I were a guy I think she would be doing me a big favor by not even telling me.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:59 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You guys are once again trying to divert this topic into something it isn't. Its a pretty good sign that you've run out of arguments, and are pulling the usual crap that people who cant admit they were wrong do. We are obviously talking about a man and a woman in LTR or marriage, so I am not sure where the ONS with a skank comes into equation. Youre trying to justify and rationalize morally corrupt behavior, and as a man who knows how to argue with women, I am gracefully bowing out of this conversation, which has visibly ended some time back. Hope you learned something.
I would just like to point out that there are people who would view you having sexual relations with your girlfriend outside of marriage as morally corrupt behavior.

You better knock that off and start living your life according to their moral standards, don't ya think?

Old 02-11-2014, 05:05 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,173,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I would just like to point out that there are people who would view you having sexual relations with your girlfriend outside of marriage as morally corrupt behavior.

You better knock that off and start living your life according to their moral standards, don't ya think?

You mean we have FORNICATORS in our midst!?!

Old 02-11-2014, 05:16 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You mean we have FORNICATORS in our midst!?!
Yes we do!

And they are destroying FAMILY VALUES and the SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE!

Last edited by Annie53; 02-11-2014 at 05:37 PM..

Old 02-11-2014, 06:25 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,834,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yes we do!

And they are destroying FAMILY VALUES and the SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE!

I do my best to work with cute females every week to destroy as many family values as possible and any remaining sanctity of marriage that exist. We have a long long way to go, but every out of wedlock orgasm helps. I'm doing my part, you should all do yours!

Old 02-11-2014, 08:14 PM

19,965 posts, read 30,111,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxton9 View Post
I can think of any word to imagine how this guy in the story must now be feeling. The woman had an abortion behind his back. She acted as if nothing happened and informs him about it 3 days later what she did.

Moderator cut: competing forum

Same for this guy, whom his wife aborted the baby without informing him and he seems pissed off:
Wife aborted baby without my knowledge...I'm so angry, what should I do? - Yahoo Answers

This must really suck. If the man does wants the baby (I think it's because very little is mentioned about male attachment towards the baby), the woman is fully aware of this but still aborts the baby behind his back and comes home telling him the baby is dead because she had an abortion.

this point of view rarely is discussed...

the lady has 100% say whether the baby is born or not,,
the father has 100% NO say if the baby is terminated,

so, if she has the abortion,,its her decision, he has no say, but if she does have the baby, he now is legally bound for 18 years

alot of shyt in the wind here-
in reality its the woman who WILL be the mother-however the dad can be an absent dad

the woman takes the brunt of the pregnancies, and raising the kids...so, outside of legalities,, the woman should have more of a weighted say in this...

Old 02-11-2014, 10:11 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,162,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
alot of shyt in the wind here-
in reality its the woman who WILL be the mother-however the dad can be an absent dad
Indeed. We get the short end of the stick in here when it comes to unwanted pregnancies. Many times the man can bail out and we're left for 18+ yrs of our life with that weight.

The only rare case I can think about is one of my mother's female cousin being abandoned by her mother when she was only a toddler and only returning when she was in her 20's. She has been raised by her father and other relatives all those years. The mother's reason was because she hated the father and her daughter reminded her of him. Fortunately, she's was forgiving. Don't know on what mind was that woman to make such drastic decision but I would assume if this happens (if the woman has a child with the man but refuses to take care of him/her and walks away, leaving the man with that) and the father wants to assume responsibility then he would have custody as the secondary caregiver.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:52 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,949,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxton9 View Post
I can think of any word to imagine how this guy in the story must now be feeling. The woman had an abortion behind his back. She acted as if nothing happened and informs him about it 3 days later what she did.

Moderator cut: competing forum

Same for this guy, whom his wife aborted the baby without informing him and he seems pissed off:
Wife aborted baby without my knowledge...I'm so angry, what should I do? - Yahoo Answers

This must really suck. If the man does wants the baby (I think it's because very little is mentioned about male attachment towards the baby), the woman is fully aware of this but still aborts the baby behind his back and comes home telling him the baby is dead because she had an abortion.
The argument will always be that she will always have first choice. It is her body after all.

It's delicate, but if dude wants a child, then he should buuy a ring and get married.

Dude can be upset, yea. But she has final decision. And he has to let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships