Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:23 PM

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Uh, that isn't how most people treat people of the opposite sex that they're not dating.

But OP, just end it. Tell him it was nice to meet him but you don't think you're a good match and move on. Simple.
.....Wel..l true...but if the guy won't leave you alone...it's the only sure way. Just freeze him out.

I'm trying to parrot your advice...the key is to move on. Tell him, then freeze him out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 07:23 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'd just be like 'it's been two weeks, my respect, or lack of it, can't be judged in that time...you're going to judge the totality of this person on the 1% of what you've seen? Your loss. I make one mistake in your book, which may not have been one in another's, and it's over? Sorry for not being perfect...and good luck finding a guy that is...but you won't.'

But only if I really liked her.

I think it's much kinder to just go awol...the hint is had, and you don't negatively judge the person to his face.

And to be honest, the one time a girl did that to me, it made me take a step back and reevaluate things. It was good for me.
Going AWOL is for p*ssies.

None of the above matters if she wants to be rid of him.

At that point, whine all you want because ... buh-bye.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardia44 View Post

Wmsn4life: he didn't tell others as far as I know, however he did say he wanted to. Regardless, I thought it was stupid to say.
Then what did he do, exactly??

We can't offer advice if you're vague.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:27 PM

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Going AWOL is for p*ssies.

None of the above matters if she wants to be rid of him.

At that point, whine all you want because ... buh-bye.
If she continues to interact wiith him, and he's like most guys, he'll always think he has a chance...AWOL is clear.

Last edited by Guest; 02-03-2014 at 07:49 PM..

Old 02-03-2014, 07:35 PM

19 posts, read 17,812 times
Wmsn4life: it was mentioned in my original post.
Ok, my game plan from the advice thus far:
Considering that I want to be respectful to this person I believe I will tell him face to face that this isn't working for me and that I don't want to see him anymore.
Then I will go AWOL so he won't believe that he has a chance with me when he doesn't.

Thanks for the perspective everyone it was very helpful.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:55 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardia44 View Post
Break up with a guy I have been seeing/ talking to the past two and a half weeks? Complication: we slept together.

Background:This is really new to me, never done the sex this soon thing but decided that if it felt right I'd go for it, and it did at the time. We hit it off as far as conversation went. We moved onto the physical plane by date three and had sex by date five. Since then he has said things that down right annoy me, such as when he ran into people I knew and he had the urge to tell them what we did that morning. This made me feel super turned off toward him and I have told him as much. Things like this about him and his mannerisms are getting on my nerves and I don't want to pursue the relationship. Any advice to help me call it off will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
Why don't you just tell him "this isn't working out, good luck to you" and never talk to him again.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
Why don't you just tell him "this isn't working out, good luck to you" and never talk to him again.
Seriously. I don't understand why this is so hard.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:32 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'd just be like 'it's been two weeks, my respect, or lack of it, can't be judged in that time...you're going to judge the totality of this person on the 1% of what you've seen? Your loss. I make one mistake in your book, which may not have been one in another's, and it's over? Sorry for not being perfect...and good luck finding a guy that is...but you won't.'

But only if I really liked her.

I think it's much kinder to just go awol...the hint is had, and you don't negatively judge the person to his face.

And to be honest, the one time a girl did that to me, it made me take a step back and reevaluate things. It was good for me.
Bwahahaha! Respect is something you assume you will have for someone when you meet. They lose it by their actions. A respectful person doesn't kiss and tell.

One mistake? sounds like he made more than one, and there could be a kajillion other reasons why she isn't into him.

AFter only 2.5 weeks, she doesn't owe him a second chance.

And if you really like a girl, why would you say that to her as an effort to get her to give you a second chance? Because that will fail, as it is not at all respectful!

Old 02-04-2014, 06:49 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
I still don't understand what he's doing that is so annoying. The OP said he had theurge to tell otehrs what they had done, but didn't actually tell them. She mentions other "things" he says without actually telling us what they are. It sounds odd.

OP, you should be like so many other people here and just text the break up --

"srry but im levin u"

Old 02-04-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I still don't understand what he's doing that is so annoying. The OP said he had theurge to tell otehrs what they had done, but didn't actually tell them. She mentions other "things" he says without actually telling us what they are. It sounds odd.
Exactly. She's like, "I said it in my first post." And I'm like, "Uh, I can read and no, you didn't."

We need specifics, Gallardia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships