Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:59 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Oh, I didn't realize you were married for longer than 10 years. I thought you were together for total of 10 years. Your story is so crazy! I'm sorry you went through that.
Maybe that's why it was so unclear... it is crazy. I was married for 13 years total and probably would still be if he didn't leave me. Like I said, that's the best thing he could of done for me. I just hope I can find a good man now... I am trying. Not sure if I ever want to be married again, but I know I want to love and be loved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 08:01 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Maybe that's why it was so unclear... it is crazy. I was married for 13 years total and probably would still be if he didn't leave me. Like I said, that's the best thing he could of done for me. I just hope I can find a good man now... I am trying. Not sure if I ever want to be married again, but I know I want to love and be loved.
You will be, darling.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:27 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
This seems like an odd situation to me
How so?

Old 02-04-2014, 08:32 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
How so?
Sexual rewards for taking care of your own children?

Seems like A.) something you should do regardless or B.) some kind of weird control situation on her part.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
"No sex at all"--so I'm thinking it doesn't.
Yeah, you're probably right. In this case I'd say it was 3 or 4 weeks. Again, pregnancy related. Pregnancies are a funny thing. With our first, my wife always wanted it. With our second she didn't even want to think about sex. You can imagine my disappointment, right? I went into that second pregnancy thinking it would be like the first one... Not so much. On our third she was somewhere in between, so it evened out.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Sexual rewards for taking care of your own children?

Seems like A.) something you should do regardless or B.) some kind of weird control situation on her part.
Well of course I should do it on my own; it was my kid! I didn't do it for any kind of "reward" I did it because I was the child's father. In doing so, that triggered something within my wife. I can't explain it, but sometimes things like this happen. I'll do something and it will arouse her feelings. It actually makes sense to me. If I were a total heel all the time and never helped with anything around the house or with raising my own kids, do you think my wife would want to be intimate with me? Do you think that by doing all those things I should be doing anyway it increases her willingness or even desire to be intimate?

Also, I'm interested to hear more on how you would consider that a weird control situation on her part.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:53 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Well of course I should do it on my own; it was my kid! I didn't do it for any kind of "reward" I did it because I was the child's father. In doing so, that triggered something within my wife. I can't explain it, but sometimes things like this happen. I'll do something and it will arouse her feelings. It actually makes sense to me. If I were a total heel all the time and never helped with anything around the house or with raising my own kids, do you think my wife would want to be intimate with me? Do you think that by doing all those things I should be doing anyway it increases her willingness or even desire to be intimate?

Also, I'm interested to hear more on how you would consider that a weird control situation on her part.
Idk, we just always hear women using men's urges for sex to get what they want.

I mean, it may not have been that way, but the way it was originally phrased/written it made it seem that you were given services for doing fatherly duties.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:56 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
While we were under the same roof, a few days to a week at most, during our first separation possibly two months.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Idk, we just always hear women using men's urges for sex to get what they want.

I mean, it may not have been that way, but the way it was originally phrased/written it made it seem that you were given services for doing fatherly duties.
Oh, I see what you are saying. I thought you were going in a completely different direction at first.

I'm sure what you described in your second paragraph happens a lot. I cringe when I hear moms refer to their child's father "babysitting." it's not babysitting if it's your own kid. It's parenting.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:25 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times
I had a physical issue during my last pregnancy that made sex feel extremely painful. I tried but dh doesn't like pity sex so he was cool with waiting 4 months during the pregnancy and the required 6 weeks after.Since then we got back to normal and it's never more than a week and at times we feel like that is too long. No sex for more than 3-4 days and we will be biting at each other until it happens and then we're like we need to do this more often because we know how cranky we get if we go too long without sex. I swear if I had some good sex the day before his little quirks don't bother me but let it be a week and the socks that he left on the floor go into the trash or I will ball them up and throw them at his head. Lol. He understands...he knows that I need it just like he does and he will say honey you need an attitude adjustment. I hate to hear him say it and I will deny it but it's really true. Stuff bothers me less when I get some good loving.

Last edited by Jasper03; 02-04-2014 at 10:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships