Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 03:19 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It probably isn't because you won't sleep with them on the first date. If you want to keep blaming it on that, go ahead, but highly unlikely that this is always the reason.
I am becoming convinced she might be a little uptight which makes guys have less patience with a woman. The only time I will not bother after a 1st date is if the girl is uptight. Considering how she responded to the guy that was breaking balls earlier in the thread thats the feeling I get.

OP please elaborate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 03:21 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,764,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It probably isn't because you won't sleep with them on the first date. If you want to keep blaming it on that, go ahead, but highly unlikely that this is always the reason.
What he said.

Plenty of guys (and gals) are creeps. But when all you date are creeps and all your other female friends are happy in relationships, you're doing something wrong. Sorry. Time to look inwards.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:37 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImShmacked View Post
It is. Because plenty of them tried to bring me back to their house and I said no.
The others, I'm the one who never contacted them afterwards.

That means nothing. It really doesn't.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:40 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,153 times
It's a bit of huge coincidence, isn't it?

Old 02-06-2014, 03:42 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
It's a bit of huge coincidence, isn't it?

Not at all

Old 02-06-2014, 03:46 PM

888 posts, read 1,099,939 times
If that is your photo, and you have a couple of degrees, I would think that you have plenty of guys who are interested. Maybe they sense a level of dependency from you, even though you should be able to stand on your own. Maybe the fact that there is such a strong recognition that all your friends have started the next phase and you have not, may come across as an odd vibe. Or maybe you are attracting guys that just don't have enough class

Old 02-06-2014, 03:49 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,604 times
You aren't bad looking so I definitely think the way you conduct yourself on the date and the guys you choose to go on a date with might be causing your problems.

Are you a Latina(dominican) or a black girl out of curiosity?

Old 02-06-2014, 03:52 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Hi everyone!

First of all, I apologize if post sounds a little "bitter" or full of "anger" but I am slightly concerned with the current status of my love life.

I am a 24 year-old woman who recently graduated from college with two bachelor degrees and a masters degree. I've always been what one would call a "good girl", meaning I'm not a party animal and I don't sleep around.

Now my problem is that men always reject me when they realize I will not sleep with them on the first date. They ask me out and then when they sense I'm looking for something meaningful, they vanish. Even the guys who happen to be quite introverted turn out to be like that. I don't meet these men at bars, but at normal places or online. I've never met a single guy who actually wanted to go on a proper date with me. I feel as though I'm not worthy of anyone's time because no guy ever took the time to get to know me.

Most of my friends are in serious relationships and I'm still single. I just don't get it. I'm not one of those girls who dress skimpy to get guys' attention, so I'm a bit confused.

What is wrong with me?

Thank you!
From the perspective of a 25 year old guy.

I think extolling yourself as a "good girl" may give you a little trouble. I would be put off by a girl who made it a point to emphasize that because it make it seem like she wants to be morally superior.

I think the thing that will help you here is relaxing and not treating finding a mate like a task you check off the list. You are ONLY 24 years old. There should be no sprinting to the wedding chapel. Take this time to enjoy your life. Pick up new interests, travel, volunteer, etc. More than likely you will meet someone suitable during the adventure. I know most of your friends are in serious relationships but Mr. Right will give you more quality love than Mr. Right Now.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:56 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
You aren't bad looking so I definitely think the way you conduct yourself on the date and the guys you choose to go on a date with might be causing your problems.

Are you a Latina(dominican) or a black girl out of curiosity?
Do I look black to you?

I'm white.

I never said I wanted to get married though!

Old 02-06-2014, 03:59 PM

250 posts, read 399,889 times
OP- You should definitely just suck-start a shotgun.

And the rest of you should punch yourself in the face for feeding the troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships