Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 03:56 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,712 times

Advertisements

I really hate it now. A guy I had met, 2 months ago, broke up with me yesterday. So, now I really don't want to date in the next year. I think I need to have priorities for myself now. So, if I go out, I go out by myself. That's all I have to say. I hate dating anymore...(at least for a year). ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 04:11 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
Thats 8760 hours

Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
Default Are you a leftover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Thats 8760 hours
That's ..... 525,600 seconds! We can do that, can't we girls!

Don't give up Leana... I go back and forth daily on determining that men suck, or not. More often than not... they suck . But we will find someone, someday.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:29 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Wow, that's a long time to go w/o sex.

The breakup seems worse now b/c of the upcoming holidays. But with the new year right around the corner, you'll probably make a resolution to meet the right man.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:29 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
your on it tonight....lol

Old 11-30-2007, 04:34 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Go on Leana, go out, have fun, meet people. Don't get into a relationship with someone so fast. You say you only met this guy 2 months ago and he broke up with you. I assume from that statement that you two were "going steady" or involved in some exclusive significant-other type relationship. 2 months is not very long for that kind of thing. Be glad you're not with this dope anymore and go out and have some fun!

Old 11-30-2007, 04:41 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I really hate it now. A guy I had met, 2 months ago, broke up with me yesterday. So, now I really don't want to date in the next year. I think I need to have priorities for myself now. So, if I go out, I go out by myself. That's all I have to say. I hate dating anymore...(at least for a year). ...
Leana,

I know it's hard, but the key is not to give away too much of yourself too soon. Good old fashion courtship. Let a man pursue you and show you he is worthy. I've had men invite me over to hang out on their couch and what DVDs after a second date. Okay, two dinners, and now they want to lure me onto their couch for a make out session? No thank you. Never over give. Next time a man walks away after a month, you won't care, because you've had some wonderful dinners and good wine, and that's all.

Greenie

Old 11-30-2007, 05:05 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
Quote:
I hear ya girl.
A guy in Texas hurt me almost a month ago.
We were starting to get to know eachother again then (he even flew me out to meet him in person for a weekend just before Halloween) he tells me that he still had feelings for his ex and that he is going to get back with her.
So yea guys suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think maybe his ex didn't want him back because he has been sending me messages online and a few text messsages to my cell for like the past 3-4 weeks. I waited almost a whole week before I replied to him at all then I sent him a few messages that were to the point.
I'm still trying to forget him completely.
Feel free to PM me if you would like.

Take care

Old 11-30-2007, 05:47 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
I dont mind dating, as long as people dont get the idea that either :
A) dillusions of getting married dont come into the picture, or...
B) that Im some sore of an easy bed partner.
Because neither will take place. People do date just for companionship lots of times and theres nothing wrong with that. Just dont lead them to think one of two things will ever happen or nor should a person ever 'expect' it to happen.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times
Quote:
It's actually very smart to take some time for yourself after a breakup. You need time to be good to yourself and regroup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Wow, that's a long time to go w/o sex.
I went seven years. It's not as bad as one might think. Those were some of the best years of my life. It also helped me to be better relationship material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships