Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 03:44 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

I've had several dates, but only with a handful of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 05:01 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Male, maybe 15 dates total. I went out with one woman quite a few of those times. No sex or even serious kissing, but still had fun. She had no money and I felt I was her entertainment so she ended up going into the friend file.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:15 AM

339 posts, read 379,825 times
Male.
Maybe 10 dates with 5 different women.

I had a period last summer/fall where I thought I was going to date again. It didn't last long. Not that any of the dates were terrible, I'm just kinda "meh." I had sex with one of them, but only once. I got a strong feeling she was trying to get me to knock her up. The story is longer than that but I'll spare you all the details. I just kind of pulled a "slow fade" and she got the picture.

Another was the ex-girlfriend of a guy that my ex-girlfriend was cheating on me with. Weird, huh? She was WAY older than me (50 and I'm 34) but I thought she was kinda hawt. We went out 4 or 5 times but I think we were both kinda spooked, having both just come out of relationships with sociopaths, so it never really went anywhere.

One was a girl a friend of mine who works with my dad set me up with. She was about my age and divorced, had a kid, and had an STD. Plus she was very weird. Went out with her once.

One was a girl that hangs out at the same bar/restaurant that I do. We went out twice, and I thought there may be something there. She was very sassy, 27, had a decent job, but still lived with her parents, average looks. After date 2 she basically read me a list of things I was going to have to do/change/promise in order to date her. I told her to get bent.

Finally was the hairdresser that I wrote about in the "First Date Dealbreakers" thread that basically talked about money the entire time. Namely, how she had none and I probably had a lot. No thanks.

It's been pretty sad.

Last edited by Ray_Finkle; 02-12-2014 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: More detail...

Old 02-12-2014, 06:40 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
three, and the last one was in April I think. I haven't really been trying

Old 02-12-2014, 06:43 AM

87 posts, read 78,595 times
Female, probably around 6, and then met someone that I stayed with for awhile...

I just don't think I have it in me to date anymore

Old 02-12-2014, 06:44 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
I can only count the past 4 months for various reasons, but in those 4 months maybe about 10 or 12. Some girls even asked point blank if it was a date even though I didn't consider it.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:54 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Number of dates: I honestly have no clue. I didn't count. But early last year I went out on a handful of first dates with men--none of which worked out or went beyond the first date. And then I started dating an old friend. This is where I lose count and don't know what to count. For example, we went away together on a weekend. Does each meal out count as a date? Does each day count as a date? Does the whole four-day trip count as a date?). Or what about when I spend a week at his house? What do I count then?

For what it's worth though, women don't always get asked out and always have dates. It's a misconception I sometimes see here. And no, women don't go though dry spells because they are ugly or crazy or whatever. I didn't have a single date (or even flirt) from the time I was 19-26. I was invisible. Now I am older (look the same, but older looking) and I am still the same personality-wise... but dates come much easier and men approach more often. Guess I am making up for lost time now

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
AKA we are shy. I may not look approachable because I'm quiet and daydreamy. But I'm very approachable. There's just prejudice against quiet people.

I've worked on displaying a more open demeanor and I make friends much more easily now. Strangers talk to me; women, kids, fatherly men. Men within 10 yrs my age do not. Except this teenage kid at a coffee shop who winks at me but that's about his own ego.
Back during my 6 year dry spell... I asked people what it was about me that men weren't interested. I heard the same. I tend to be quiet and a daydreamer too. Even today people tell me I am "poker-faced" at times (I get that way when I am in deep thought). I had guy friends tell me that if they didn't know me, they would assume I was cold and unapproachable because I was quiet. So there is a bit of a drawback to being a quiet, day-dreamy type. I kind of had to make sure I got out of my shell more. But like I said, I am still the same person.

Last edited by jillabean; 02-12-2014 at 07:02 AM..

Old 02-12-2014, 08:00 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
I go on about two dates a week. About once per month will be with a new girl, the rest are with the same 3-4 women that I'll usually date for a few months at a time before it runs its course. I've been here (Phoenix) for about a year, and the first month or so I didn't date at all while I got situated. So...90, ish....with maybe 15 women?

I'm male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships