Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 08:27 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,966,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertin75 View Post
There's no obvious point that I am aware of.

Waiting 6 months to ask for her phone number is too fast?

Maybe I should have waited a whole year thinking that no one would ask her before I did.
Seriously, we are on page 4 of this thread and you still don't get it?

6 months of you going in there all casual, not starting any small talk or getting to know her at all. Then, after 6 months of being a regular you ask her, and out of the blue? Ask her for her number after two sentences of speech? Yeah, a little out of the blue. When you say she was hesitant, it's obvious she is not interested in you.

If you can't accept this fact or see her side of it, then I pray for you, and I pray for this girl that she is not continuously bothered by you since you are ignorant of her feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 08:30 PM

189 posts, read 510,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Seriously, we are on page 4 of this thread and you still don't get it?

6 months of you going in there all casual, not starting any small talk or getting to know her at all. Then, after 6 months of being a regular you ask her, and out of the blue? Ask her for her number after two sentences of speech? Yeah, a little out of the blue. When you say she was hesitant, it's obvious she is not interested in you.

If you can't accept this fact or see her side of it, then I pray for you, and I pray for this girl that she is not continuously bothered by you since you are ignorant of her feelings.
Wow !

I was not aware that insulting people is allowed in this forum.

Thanks a lot for your kind words

Old 02-07-2014, 08:33 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,922,881 times
OP: Why the heck did you text? That's your mistake.. you should have called.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:38 PM

184 posts, read 168,424 times
The only way to successfully cold approach a woman like you did is to approach many many women and not care about the outcome.

You WILL be successful with that method. It's really the only way to successfully cold approach in the US (besides being extremely good looking or hitting on drunk girls at bars).

Old 02-07-2014, 08:39 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,920,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertin75 View Post
Are you being sarcastic compadre?
:smiley with airplane flying over head:

Look, I don't know how well you knew this girl, but usually you have more familiarity with someone (in that particular type of situation) before you make the jump to social relations outside of one's work.

When I was a server, I would get to know people. And after getting to know them, I'd get phone numbers, get invited to events/parties, go on dates/eventually relations with them or their friends/etc. There were regulars that I barely knew beyond "the usual", and I would have thought it was weird if old John from the counter asked me to go to a ballgame with him before he even knew I liked sports.

I don't know what the generalities are "these days", I'm old (30). Do people really text each other before calling? All I know is that my sister-in-law gets wiener pics from guys that she meets the same day she meets them. Things must have really changed since the early 2000s.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:39 PM

184 posts, read 168,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
OP: Why the heck did you text? That's your mistake.. you should have called.
This isn't 1955. Texting works much better than calling, especially in the early stages of interactions.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:46 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,680,153 times
Maybe she had the type of phone that doesn't receive text messages? That's still possible, isn't it?

Old 02-07-2014, 08:49 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
Maybe she had the type of phone that doesn't receive text messages? That's still possible, isn't it?
She got the message, because she went into avoidance mode the next time he came in after that. Barely spoke to him, he said.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
The only way to successfully cold approach a woman like you did is to approach many many women and not care about the outcome.

You WILL be successful with that method. It's really the only way to successfully cold approach in the US (besides being extremely good looking or hitting on drunk girls at bars).
Finally an answer that really makes sense.

At least I did not regret by not having asked her about her phone number.

Probably by now I would be asking myself things like "Why I didn't do it?" What if that would have been the last time I saw her?

Life's too short to be waiting forever and not have the courage to make things happen even if the outcome is not what we expect.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She got the message, because she went into avoidance mode the next time he came in after that. Barely spoke to him, he said.
Correct. At least that's how I felt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships