Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 09:39 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

I was always pretty lucky back in the day with the acne, never really had it at all. I feel bad for those people that had it bad, I remember one kid, he had it really bad, just a big red swollen face.. poor guy.

I wonder if he ever met a woman and settled down, probably... as I was gonna post, I don't think it's that hard, I mean there are plenty of people that are ugly without acne and have married and had kids........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 08:09 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was always pretty lucky back in the day with the acne, never really had it at all. I feel bad for those people that had it bad, I remember one kid, he had it really bad, just a big red swollen face.. poor guy.

I wonder if he ever met a woman and settled down, probably... as I was gonna post, I don't think it's that hard, I mean there are plenty of people that are ugly without acne and have married and had kids........
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, no need to judge others for their personal choices.

I have actually met a few very attractive, body physique to die for, very nice facial structure, dressed well, but had acne. They seem to have no problems getting men.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:15 AM

101 posts, read 158,962 times
Everyone will say that you can while in fact nobody would even look at you.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:12 AM

993 posts, read 1,560,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macas View Post
thank you for the suggestions. i did try the gels already, including the retinoid and cream but they didn't work. my dermatologist says that accutane is the last option since i tried all of the other methods already and they didn't work for me. however, the side effects sound dangerous. he said he'll prescribe it but i am afraid to take it...
Scary! I guess just make sure that you let your general practitioner know that you'll be on Accutane so that he or she can keep an eye on you.

I really am sorry that you're going through this. Aside from dating the guy I mentioned in my last post, I have a tiny bit of experience with this, too. When I first when off birth control a year ago after being on it for a couple years, my skin reacted horribly and there was NOTHING I could do to get rid of the breakouts that would accompany my periods. Luckily, it was a problem that fixed itself in a few months. Unlike the guy I told you about, I didn't have a problem attracting guys (makeup probably helped!), but it still took a huge chunk out of my confidence. I really had to will myself to be social and the usual flirt that I am. Despite what a lot of the cynics say on these forums, putting out a good vibe goes a long way in being considered attractive.

One last thing: have you talked about cortisone shots? Or any other steroid?

Old 02-09-2014, 10:01 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macas View Post
is it possible for a man with really bad adult acne to get a girlfriend?
Yes, because a man with really bad adult acne can see a dermatologist or buy a product like Proactiv.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:37 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,239 times
I had a clear acne free face before I read this thread. Now I have acne popping up on my chin and forehead. Thanks a lot OP.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:47 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
Of course he can! Acne can also be treated

Old 02-09-2014, 10:59 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
Try Xout which is by Proactive. It depends on how bad it is. If it's more than a few, then it will probably be near impossible.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:41 AM

2 posts, read 2,541 times
Default my sister is getting married yo one

Her fiance had severe scaring from achne. She's a doctor so she plans to give him laser treatments.

I say, if you're a nice guy, who cares about the achne. You'll find someone who doesn't care. But, if there is something you can do to help the situation, like skin peel or laser, go for it. Wouldn't hurt.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:07 PM

16 posts, read 33,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post

One last thing: have you talked about cortisone shots? Or any other steroid?
i was told that coritsone shots are only for getting rid of temporary acne like for an event and only for some spots (not the entire body. i don't just have acne on my face but i have it everywhere else, too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBEORNOTTOBE62 View Post
Her fiance had severe scaring from achne. She's a doctor so she plans to give him laser treatments.

I say, if you're a nice guy, who cares about the achne. You'll find someone who doesn't care. But, if there is something you can do to help the situation, like skin peel or laser, go for it. Wouldn't hurt.
my dermatologist says laser and skin peels are for treatment for acne scars after you have acne, not while you have it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Yes, because a man with really bad adult acne can see a dermatologist or buy a product like Proactiv.
1. i have seen many dermatologists. i still have acne. also, why do some people think that all acne will react to proactiv? it didn't do anything for me at all. have you heard of treatment resistant acne?

i guess the only thing i can do try is accutane, though it gets me worried knowing it was taken off the market for lawsuits and is only available in generic form...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships