Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 10:02 PM

184 posts, read 168,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Again considering your reasoning I highly doubt this though it's always amusing how often guys claim to know gals better than gals do.

If she liked his personality as a romantic/sexual partner and turned him down because of his looks she is not being honest. Again it seems you're doing extremes where liking his personality in anyway (as a colleague, coworker, acquaintance) equates to probable romantic/sexual partner.

Ah so this is where your faulty reasoning comes from you applying your limited narrow experience.
So it seems you are unaware that a gal can like a guy's personality without attraction.

You're the one applying your logic of other gals to this particular gal so I don't think you're suited to talk.

I'm not applying this situation to any gals in fact I only mention other gals once to show what I'm saying holds true in people liking personalities for certain things. I'm saying that this gal can like someone's personality as a coworker, colleague, acquaintance, or friend without liking their personality as a romantic/sexual partner and get along with them without getting along with them as a romantic/sexual partner. Why is this so difficult to understand?

She appeared to you. Just because she liked his personality well enough to get along as coworkers and in your experience if a gal likes your personality she'll most likely sleep with you doesn't mean that she liked his personality as a romantic/sexual partner.
Who is less rational? The person actually observing the behaviors and coming to conclusions? Or the person arguing with the conclusion of a third party source on the internet?

Quote:
It's pretty clear you're using a narrow limited experience which shows your faulty reasoning.
I, like you, can only go by my own life experiences. You have a narrow scope as well. You are projecting those experiences onto the girl in this situation.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Egh I'm in my early 20s
LOL no way. By the way that you write, you are at least in your 40s....unless you have aspergers or something.

Quote:
....and you're old in my book for guys.
Thus far, your opinions haven't shown an accurate reflection of real life. So I'm okay with this.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:05 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
Who is less rational? The person actually observing the behaviors and coming to conclusions? Or the person arguing with the conclusion of a third party source on the internet?

I, like you, can only go by my own life experiences. You have a narrow scope as well. You are projecting those experiences onto the girl in this situation.
The less rational one is you the one projecting his experiences which would be biases onto the behaviors and coming to a conclusion that is likely biased. I'm drawing the conclusion from the behaviors you stated without projecting the experience that if she likes his personality in anyway that means attraction.

Rational is personality doesn't matter more than looks if she liked his personality as a romantic/sexual partner and rejected him for his looks.

I'm not projecting any experiences onto her as I'm using logic. You haven't stated, suggested, implied, or mentioned anything that she likes his personality as a romantic/sexual partner so her merely liking his personality enough to get along with as a coworker isn't proof that personality doesn't matter more than looks when she rejected him

Old 02-11-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler View Post
umm, i actually wasn't trying to get your point, you posted a lot of verbal diarrhea candidly that didn't do anything to peek my intellectual interest in reading it... and i was a philosophy major in college.

i was just commenting on your statement that you understand women. i do pretty good with the ladies, but i've learned not to profess any insightful understanding, particular cuz my heart often reminds me to do better next time to keep her (and me) happy.
I probably do just as well as you do. But there is tons of insight to be had just by watching. I've learned a ton both through my experiences and observations.

I have a pretty good understanding of women at this point of my life.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:08 PM

543 posts, read 533,946 times
Quote:
They're not pretty similar according to the study the graphs are based. 2/3's of guys send messages to 1/3 of the most attractive gals and similar cannot be said for gals as they have 'healthier' message sending.
Actually they are. Normalize that attractiveness curve on the second graph to fit the bell curve on the first and yes, the majority of women messaged the most attractive men. I highly doubt that the majority of male subjects used were all below average. The graphs are much more useful in pointing out how skewed the average female view in OLD is of how they rate themselves compared to the average male in OLD.

It's a shame the actual data sets aren't available to do some more detailed analysis.

Quote:
Egh actually if he did you use logic or more of it he'd likely understand gals.

He seems to think liking a guy's personality in anyway and getting along with him equates to probable romantic/sexual partner.

He doesn't seem to acknowledge or realize that one can like someone's personality as a coworker, colleague, acquaintance, or friend without liking their personality as a romantic/sexual partner and get along with them without getting along with them as a romantic/sexual partner. I know plenty of gals that like their male coworkers' personalities and get along with but balk at the idea of them as a romantic/sexual partner as they have traits/habits that would be irritating to them as a partner. There's quite a difference for many gals to a coworker colleague, acquaintance, or friend and a partner.
HAHAHAHA!

Quote:
The less rational one is you the one projecting his experiences which would be biases onto the behaviors and coming to a conclusion that is likely biased. I'm drawing the conclusion from the behaviors you stated without projecting the experience that if she likes his personality in anyway that means attraction.

Rational is personality doesn't matter more than looks if she liked his personality as a romantic/sexual partner and rejected him for his looks.

I'm not projecting any experiences onto her as I'm using logic. You haven't stated, suggested, implied, or mentioned anything that she likes his personality as a romantic/sexual partner so her merely liking his personality enough to get along with as a coworker isn't proof that personality doesn't matter more than looks when she rejected him
Bottom line here is that you are completely incorrect and don't know much about your own gender at all, which is sad.

But I don't really care. I'm happy to leave you going through life confused.

Quote:
LOL no way. By the way that you write, you are at least in your 40s....unless you have aspergers or something.

Thus far, your opinions haven't shown an accurate reflection of real life. So I'm okay with this.
Nope I simply don't do short form and sms speak like it seems most 20s year olds.

I'm well-aware my age judgement on guys isn't general hence the words "my book" and what I consider you to be. My claims however do show an accurate reflection of real life as I base them on studies and statistics.

Neither your opinions or claims have shown an accurate reflection of real life.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Bottom line here is that you are completely incorrect and don't know much about your own gender at all, which is sad.

But I don't really care. I'm happy to leave you going through life confused.
Bottom life here is you're projecting that her liking his personality in anyway even as a coworker means he's a probable romantic/sexual partner which is delusional. She doesn't even have to like his personality as a romantic/sexual partner to you for her to be dismissing personality.

It's really amusing how illogical you are. I'm not confused it seems you are to think that a gal can't like a guy's personality without attraction.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Nope I simply don't do short form and sms speak like it seems most 20s year olds.

I'm well-aware my age judgement on guys isn't general hence the words "my book" and what I consider you to be. My claims however do show an accurate reflection of real life as I base them on studies and statistics.

Neither your opinions or claims have shown an accurate reflection of real life.
You've cited absolutely nothing and you've shown no statistics. Everything you say is your OPINION.

:slow clap:

Old 02-11-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
You've cited absolutely nothing and you've shown no statistics. Everything you say is your OPINION.

:slow clap:
I wasn't making a claim so why would I cite anything or show statistics.

I was stating my doubts and showing the lacking reasoning skills you have that doesn't need studies or statistics.

It's really amusing you claim it's just an opinion to like a personality without being attracted to it as a romantic/sexual partner when you acknowledged the existence of liking a personality without being attracted to it as a romantic/sexual partner ala 'friendzone'.

The existence of friends, coworkers, colleagues, and acquaintances and never seeing them as a romantic/sexual partner shows it's not just my opinion. Have you ever taken psychology or sociology?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.