Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 06:47 PM

87 posts, read 78,595 times

Advertisements

Everything is so messed up right now. I hope things work themselves out soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 06:27 AM

He messaged me last night with a time, the name of a restaurant , and told me to pick location. I'm really nervous. Should I apologize, act like nothing happened? Would he be meeting me if he planned on telling me it was over? We never officially ended things... Just kind of happened

Old 02-12-2014, 08:26 AM

When I sent him the location he answered....fine. After 8 months why would he be doing this in a restaurant ? Especially if he hates a scene.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:36 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbella77 View Post
When I sent him the location he answered....fine. After 8 months why would he be doing this in a restaurant ? Especially if he hates a scene.

Are you an adult or in high school?

IF you are an adult then start acting like an adult and make the decision if you want to spend any more time with this man who pouts and has tantrums like a 3 year old who did not get their way.

Personally I would tell him you changed your mind and move on to a mature adult male.
Trust me no amount of love is worth being treated like that.

PS ~~ ONLY HE KNOWS why he chose what he did, no one here can even come close to guessing what he is thinking.
Now go put on your big girl panties and make a decision about your life all by yourself.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:12 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,974 times
Quote:
I have a rocky past, with a lot of abuse. I have trust issues and anxiety. I was recently put on pills for it, and we got into a fight after we were drinking and it interacted with my meds. Everything had been so good, but at the start of our relationship we had issues. He sees what happened when we first started dating, not the past few months im guessing.
He probably checked out of the relationship long before the fight. I have done this before when things have started off rocky. It's too late to save the relationship at that point and it is just doomed. I don't know why women have to be such a pain early on because even if corrective measures are taken to improve the situation it is too late.

Personally if he sees you now he is just going to use you for easy sex.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 AM

Some of us are a pain early on bc something a man has done to us in the past . Physical and emotional abuse are not something you can forget about. It always will be in the back of your brain even if you got out right away.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:55 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,974 times
Quote:
Some of us are a pain early on bc something a man has done to us in the past . Physical and emotional abuse are not something you can forget about. It always will be in the back of your brain even if you got out right away.
Think of it from the guys point of view though! You are damaged goods in a way because you yourself have not dealt with your issues from the past. Why should he have to deal with the fallout? Was he the guy that screwed you over? NO!

Please, take care of your past issues for your own good and the health of your relationships. I dated a girl that had horrible issues from the past but she did a good job keeping it out of our relationship. She faced great adversity and still had a smile on her face and that is honestly one of the reasons she was my best GF.

Do you see my point?

Old 02-12-2014, 10:24 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Then you and those women should wait until you're over it and not be with someone else until then. You'll just get a guy who cares about you and then drag them into a mess (like this).

Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 AM

That's the problem .... I worked through it with his help, and now it's too late

Old 02-12-2014, 12:35 PM

138 posts, read 187,533 times
You screwed up when you texted HIS friend saying you wanted to meet her, AFTER he had already told you he wanted you to know her. There was absolutely no reason to text her yourself. I can see why he would get annoyed with you and perhaps thought it best to keep his distance until he could deal with you calmly. Of course your friends are going to agree with you, they only know your side of the story.

You've indicated that jealousy this has been an issue in your relationship and you're already 8 months in. It may have been the last straw for him. As for meeting you in a restaurant, it may be that he's hoping you'll not make a scene in public, if he's deciding to break things off. Whether he ends the relationship or not, take it as a lesson to take care of your issues. Insecurity is an ugly trait and people can only take so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships