Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:55 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post

As for toys; am I a dog? Gross no I'm not.
lol. I bet you're just wild in bed. So open-minded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 07:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
This is your personal opinion.
Agreed.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:39 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
Both partners should be aware and realize it's not normal to only have sex once a week.

Once a week might not be the average, but it's nowhere near abnormal.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
he is a man that has gained control over his own body. he is a powerful man.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:40 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Experience?
It's not that the younger generation rejects experience; they simply reject the experience of "adults", especially their parents. It's the way we were designed to think.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:03 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorbaTheGeek View Post
Dude, if they want it every day, oblige, oblige! Is this a problem? If you're not getting it (or somebody's not), go out and find it. Cherchez la femme, life is for living!

Well that's most of my problem right there. It's not getting rejected a lot because I don't even get to that point because I'm pathetic in the chercher department. The woman I'm with now I met randomly a couple months ago on the other side of town and I assumed I'd never see her again. A few weeks after that she pokes her head into my kitchen while I'm cooking; turns out she already knew one of my housemates and one of his girlfriends. At that point is was off to the races. (This house is like a soap opera.)

Old 02-12-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I suspect many women have almost the same problem men have and turn to masturbation if they don't have a full time partner.
They do have the ability of going on someplace like Match and finding someone for a quickie of their choosing.

They also have a very wide assortment of BOB's that can help fulfil the need.

I guess it depends on just what they are looking for. Those who are looking for sex can probably find it without much difficulty by going to bars. There are certainly times when masturbation is suitable, e.g. when someone's partner is temporarily away, or when they are between partners, but I don't think it's desirable over a sustained period of time.

And I have no idea what BOB's are, I got no joy from Google or even Urban Dictionary.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He is saying if women are truly like men in the everyday sexual urges how do they cope with it when it's unattainable?

What actions are used?

Fwb?
Internet dating?
Paying for it?
The gardener?
The pool boy?
The plumber?
Videos?

Thank you. My question is based on Ruth's observation that in an earlier thread, several women said they felt a need for sex every day. It is also based on my presumption that toys etc are not sustainable as a long-term coping tactic, since they do not address the sensual (non-mechanical) component of sex.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
None of the above? I think the answer was already given: Toys. Most women seem pretty satisfied with those in the absence of a skilled and trustworthy partner.

For most, picking up a random guy is a dumb solution, since he is unlikely to give her an orgasm, and the risk of STDs, pregnancy and sexual assault enters the mix.

I can see the undesirability of bearing the risks you mention; but there are intermediate options. For example, why might toys be seen as preferable to a trusted, caring friend as a temporary measure?

Old 02-12-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Absolutely.

Since it appears that women have a strong preference for hot guys - a graph posted earlier suggests that women rate about 80% of men as below average in attractiveness, while women also send the overwhelming majority of their messages to these same hot guys - it would appear that toys are lacking that certain something that women want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships