Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:34 PM

663 posts, read 777,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Well, if he is only a good friend and there is no romantic attraction or intimacy going on between you, why do you care if or how often he admires others?
OP is mad that she isn't getting attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 08:43 PM

63 posts, read 86,868 times
on any given sunday, and in the absence of women, you will find guys huddled in front of a tv watching football or something else and commenting on how hot every girl is they see on the screen or talk about. just goes to show that the truth is better left unsaid sometimes, especially in front of others who might deem it unsavory or uncouth.

i guess that is why many spew venom in these anonymous forums where they would be horrified if others knew they harbored such thoughts privately.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
OP is mad that she isn't getting attention.

hahaha yeah seriously

Old 02-11-2014, 09:13 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
That is his GF's problem not yours. He probably just sees you like another guy friend and talking about hot women is his pastime. Enjoy the fun and see him like another girl friend and talk about hot men with him too. Be happy you have a best guy friend because many of us don't.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:15 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
My best friend is a guy, and he has a long-term girlfriend. He is constantly talking about how hot other women are, whether he's with her at the time or not. He does this at least once a day, often more. He's always done this, even before he was in a relationship. He's 28 now, and I thought maybe it was more of a teenage thing that he'd eventually grow out of, but it hasn't changed. I have plenty of male friends and no one else vocalizes how hot they think women are on a regular basis like this.

I've actually asked him about it, and he said he just likes to appreciate beautiful, hot women. I appreciate beautiful people too, but I don't find the need to constantly vocalize it.

What are your thoughts on this?

If you don't want to hear it tell him you don't want to hear it.
If he continues doing it quit spending time with him and tell him why you are not going to spend time with him. Tell him the truth though not some lame "I'm really busy" excuse.
It really is that simple.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:24 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
OP, are you good friends with his GF, because other than that, I wouldn't know why you care so much...especially since you've seemed to know him for many years & you're just his friend & that's all you ever plan on being with him. Or is it that you're embarrassed in public because he vocalizes it so much & other peo[le hear him all the time?

If his GF knows he does this & doesn't care, I guess that's her problem if she wants to stay with a disrespectful a-hole like that.

If you're personally that bothered by his vocalizations, stop being his friend & hanging around him. That's what I'd do if it bothered me that much. Simple as that, then it wouldn't matter because I'm no longer in his presence to hear what he says because I've got better things to do.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:29 PM

63 posts, read 86,868 times
funny, i recall commenting on how hot other women look in front of others to make sure my present company knew i was not interested in them, or burning any more time with them. yeah, it happens.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:42 AM

986 posts, read 1,865,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Well, if he is only a good friend and there is no romantic attraction or intimacy going on between you, why do you care if or how often he admires others?
There's not. I'm just asking the question, since I find it to be over-the-top behavior for someone over the age of 18 when not always in the presence of male buddies, and often in the presence of his girlfriend, who seems indifferent and non-responsive to it.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:46 AM

986 posts, read 1,865,956 times
Thanks everyone for the responses. I guess what I'm gathering is that it's pretty normal behavior. A little weird, but normal.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:51 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
There's not. I'm just asking the question, since I find it to be over-the-top behavior for someone over the age of 18 when not always in the presence of male buddies, and often in the presence of his girlfriend, who seems indifferent and non-responsive to it.
My boss is almost 40 and does this all the time. It gets really old, and he's oblivious to it but it's not a positive character trait to constantly be ogling women who pass by his office window and verbalizing it for us to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships